We are looking for an experienced professional having hands-on experience with managing and supervising International Tax Reporting and Compliance matters in Europe, Australia, Pakistan, and the USA.
- Timely and accurate filing of various Tax Returns at HMRC, ATO, IRS, FBR, and various other EU portals.
- Ensure proper VAT adjustments on flagged invoices and resolve discrepancies.
- Maintaining Tax, Compliance & Statutory returns calendar.
- Handle assessment and ongoing litigation; if any.
- Liaison with international Banks and Merchant Services providers.
- Developing and enhancing policies/procedures for the business to ensure compliance with local conduct of business rules and any regulatory or market developments.
- Spearhead new company protocols that comply with newly reviewed government or industry regulations.
- Undertake regulatory compliance matters, to create regional and global compliance structures in line with our company’s capabilities and compliance needs including but not limited to data protection and privacy matter.
- Responding to questions/information requests from regulatory authorities.
- Create and manage effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations.
- Collaborating with other departments (e.g., HR, IT, Digital Marketing, Digital Sales and Supply Chain, etc) to identify and resolve compliance issues.
- Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and standards of conduct.
- Respond to internal and external inquiries about compliance issues, utilizing appropriate sources for accurate research.
- Respond to ethics and policy questions, provide training, implement and monitor compliance systems across the organization.
- Develop and implement controls that mitigate the financial or operational risks.
- Reconciliation of bank statements accounts payable and receivable.
- Maintain and check the accuracy of Ledgers and accounts and closing afterward.
4-5 years of Compliance experience within the Marketing and distribution industry.
- Experience providing strategic advice and counsel to Senior Management.
- A bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field, ACCA preferred.
- Proven work experience of at least 3 years in the FMCG/Retail/ Distribution industry.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close-out process.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Good presentation and strong communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills.