Job Title: Manager Human Resources (HR) & Organizational Development (OD)
Duty Station: Head Office, Islamabad
Reporting to: Director Operations.
Position Objective: Manager HR & OD strategically implements best practices to help us hire, grow, and retain exemplary talent. The HR & OD Manager position acts as the organizational development liaison and advisor to the director operations and senior leadership to maintain and improve a “Best Place to Work” culture and as such facilitates initiatives across the organization. This position will assess and identify capability gaps and opportunities for improvement to enable a culture of high performance; report findings and propose solutions to senior leadership.
He /She manager also leads HR activities and plans, develops, implements and administers HR programs for foundation employees. This position is responsible for organizational development and combination of human resource programs and associated projects to achieve strategic goals and operational objectives.
- Develop and maintain policies, best practices, and employee manual.
- Strategically influence operational change by identifying a need, proposing solutions, and successful implementation.
- Develop standardized HR metrics to ensure a data-driven approach for decision making.
- Monitor, measure and report on HR issues, opportunities and development plans and achievement within agreed formats and timescales.
- Liaise with other functional / departmental head so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of HR development, and to ensure they are fully informed of HR objectives, purpose and achievements.
- Manage and develop direct reporting staff and timely disbursement of salaries, bonuses, appraisal and promotions upon direct approval from management.
- Manage and control departmental expenditure within agreed budgets.
- Audit and authenticate all documents related to legal, salary statements and distribution, policies etc.
- Plan for employee’s performance appraisal; develop tools for appraisal, job evaluation and development.
- Develop and maintain a standardized hiring process by leveraging and implementing technology to streamline our recruiting, hiring, onboarding, and off boarding.
- Launch and oversee talent acquisition from candidate sourcing and recruiting to interviews and candidate selection alongside the hiring committee; strong understanding of best practices around sourcing, compensation negotiation, closing techniques, and hiring methodologies.
- Encourage each new hire from position development through three-month performance review to ensure an exceptional team integration experience.
- Encourage foundation culture based on our core values and mission to ensure a rewarding, inclusive, and supportive environment for all team members.
- Continuously enhance team communication and lead by example.
- Administer employee benefits package and assist finance with payroll.
- Develop and implement a foundation-wide performance management system to ensure each team member is meeting or exceeding their goals, has the support and training they need to grow professionally, and are contributing to the overall success of the foundation.
- Proactively and thoughtfully address organizational and team member issues as they arise.
- Plan and execute team-building activities, special events, and quarterly/annual team meetings.
- Leading needs assessment for training and staff development to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance in achieving the goals and objectives of the foundation.
- Facilitating communication among employees and management. May guide managers and employees on problem solving, dispute resolution, regulatory compliance and litigation avoidance.
- Providing expertise in strategy development and execution, planning and facilitation of employee relations efforts.
- Leading the planning, implementation and ongoing maintenance of labor relations, employee relations, equal employment opportunity, diversity and compensation programs.
- Designing and developing HR training programs for management and employees; including, but not limited to learning activities, audio-visual materials, instructor guides and lesson plans.
- Assessing effectiveness of training in terms of employee accomplishments and performance.
- Training employees on HR issues and practices. Presenting course materials.
- Consulting with management on performance, organizational and leadership matters.
- Conducting needs assessments to determine measures required to enhance employee job performance and overall foundation performance.
- Leading OD projects, programs, initiatives, and interventions by gathering/summarizing data, preparing for meetings and workshops, developing tools and resources, creating project plans, and conducting best practices research, developing committees for projects and initiatives as needed and appropriate.
Skill & Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in HR, training and development or organizational development.
- Minimum 7 Years’ HR management experience.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential.
- Strong demonstrable experience of Human Resources planning, recruitment, design and implementation of progressive HR strategies, systems, procedures and practices
- Formal coaching education and experience required.
- Knowledgeable about instructional design methodology and application for effective learning.
Note: We are passionate about diversity in our culture therefore, women, people of diverse ethnic, cultural and religious backgrounds are encouraged to apply.