Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation (www.msf.org). We are seeking qualified and highly motivated applicants for: Timergara Lower Dir project
General objectives of the position:
The mental health and psychosocial support counselor works directly with the patients and their families in order to offer psychological support and counseling, respecting the confidentiality and appropriate ethics; keeps record of sessions and updates database and client’s files regularly.
- Provide psycho-social support through counseling;
- Provide emergency response psychological support and safety planning as needed;
- Documentation, filing and reporting.
- Participate in group and individual clinical supervision
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary medical team to identify appropriate referrals to MH
Local applicants must obtain NOC from the MS Timergara DHQ as well as from the DHO.