Medecins sans Frontieres is looking for daily worker nurses in OT and NBU, in order to help in our activities upon request. Shifts required can be morning, afternoon, day and night shifts.
The main purpose of this position is to provide nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population.
• Know, promote, implement and follow at all times the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensure high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment .
• Organize and carry out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, as well as assist them during consultations/ daily rounds and other medical procedures.
• Ensure patients are properly received and installed in the health service. Ensures that patients with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort.
• Respect medical secret and confidentiality
• Carry-out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients meaning assessment of their health state evolution, and identification of emergency situation or any deterioration,
• Participate in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary
• Supervise and train nurse-aids, nutritional assistants, cleaners and other related staff under his/her supervision in their work with special focus in following all appropriate protocols and procedures and ensuring team work
• Participate in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (carrying out inventories, carrying out stock takes of medicines and material at every team changeover, ensuring no material is taken out of nursing area/wards without prior authorisation, checking its quality and its functioning, storage conditions, doing follow-up of expired drugs, etc.).
• Carry-out and supervise administrative procedures and documents (fill in patients files, forms, consumptions, statistics, etc.), ensure an appropriate written/oral handover, and report any problematic situations and cases that may arise. fill in all necessary registers and health files, participate in data collection and keep doctors/supervisors informed.
• If applicable, identify Sexually Gender Based Violence victims and refer them to the medical team, so they can receive the necessary treatment.
• Knows and is aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit
• Sends material to be sterilized and recuperates it from sterilization.
· For OT nurses, ensure the preparation of the material and equipment (checking the quantity and quality), in the OT and carry-out the reception, transport of the patient from the preparation room to the OT and ensuring his/her installation for surgery / Checks vital parameters of the patient with the nurse anaesthetist / Assist the surgeon and anaesthetist during the operation, anticipating their needs, in order to facilitate their job and helping throughout the whole process.
· For NBU nurses, monitors patients’ vital parameters, condition, intake and output, infusion therapy, etc. and records them in the file / Provides advanced neonatal care / Supports mothers in breastfeeding, kangaroo mother care, newborn care, etc. / Passes IV-Lines, takes blood for laboratory tests, prepares and injects medication and infusions.
Medecins Sans Frontieres Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an independent medical humanitarian association providing medical assistance to people in need, irrespective of race, religion, creed or political conviction. MSF has started work in Pakistan since 1986 as an independent, self-governed org ...مزید پڑھیں