The incumbent will be responsible for screening TB patients during the screening camps held at assigned districts in the mobile screening van as per the Operational Guidelines. The incumbent will be the in-charge of the mobile screening van. The overall job responsibility is to screen all the patients through chest x-ray coming to the mobile screening camps. S/he will identify the presumptive TB cases among the screened cases, followed by referral for sputum examination (if required). Preparing a detailed report of each mobile screening camp and submitting it to the Supervisor. With the support of the Supervisor, the incumbent will provide administrative, management, and technical support to the team of mobile screening van.
The incumbent will maintain a positive working relationship within the team and with the district health authorities of project districts.
Essential Job Responsibilities
The incumbent will be:
- Full time present at the mobile-screening camp to provide X-rays services to the beneficiaries visited the camp
- Working 6 days a week and will be moving from one district to another in assigned cluster to conduct the screening camps to reach out to the missing TB cases
- Responsible to coordinate with the field teams and will ensure that the X-rays screening camps will be conducted as per the shared plan
- Explains the procedure to the patient and takes the verbal consent of the patient before starting the procedure.
- Allow one patient inside the x-ray room during the procedure. In the case of a female patient, allow one attendant to be present at the time of the x-ray.
- At the start of the procedure, enter the patient demographics on MIT Register by using a referral slip
- Prepare the patient for the screening procedure and guide the patient to the changing room and provide a patient gown if needed
- Ensures that the patient has removed any metal objects and jewelry from the body.
- Ensure the provision of quality services of X-rays by explaining the x-rays process and appropriate positioning to the patient
- At the end of the procedure, guides the patient to go to the doctor for further assessment
- Maintain the MIT register during camp to record the details of all patients who undergo the X-rays procedure
- Minimize the waiting time of patients by effectively manage the tasks during camps.
- Provide X-ray films to all presumptive patients and maintain the stock accordingly.
- Ensure personal and staff safety through proper use of Personal protective equipment.
- Responsible to wear dosimeter at all time during chest camp as per PNRA recommendations, and after the camp will place it on a safe place and away from the X-ray room.
- Compile the data of the daily x-rays performed and present a report to the Supervisor at the end of each camp.
- Ensure that the District Field Supervisor has collected sputum samples of all patients who have abnormal X-rays scores
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly maintenance of the x-ray equipment and maintain the Equipment maintenance and repair log
- Prepare a monthly statistical record of the screen, presumptive, and positive TB case and submit it to the Supervisor
- Attend basic training to operate the X-ray machine, Printer, and CAD4TB Software
- Responsible to submit the dosimeter of van staff to the country office on a quarterly basis for further sharing to the PINSTECH for radiation assessment
- Supervisor of the mobile van and responsible for all the activities of the Mobile van
- Perform other required tasks assigned by the supervisor
Drivers (Mobile Van)
Reports Directly To Technical Advisor - ACF
Works Directly With: In close coordination with the Regional Coordinator, Senior Technical Officer (ACF), Laboratory Technician and the District Field Supervisor
Knowledge and Experience
- Diploma in imaging technology/ X-ray technician from a recognized institute
- 3-year experience of working in government or large private hospital under renowned radiologist
- Additional qualifications such as a Diploma or Certification in IT/computer skills will be an added advantage
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Urdu, and local language
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. The organization reserves the right to accept or reject any or all CV(s) without assigning any reason.
We are an equal opportunity employer and Females are strongly encouraged to apply