General Position Summary
The TBS is a self-motivated individual who will skillfully and objectively communicate with the people visiting out-patient Departments (OPDs) of the designated Hospital, for verbal screening, in order to detect TB patients as per the Guidelines.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Verbally screen all the people attending different OPDs of the designated Hospital, using the screening tool
- Ensure that all the identified presumptive TB cases reach the designated Doctor for diagnosis/ treatment
- Ensure that all the identified presumptive cases provide sputum sample for lab testing
- Coordinate with the district field supervisor (DFS)/ (sputum transportation rider/ Gene Xpert Testing Incharge) and ensure that the sputum sample is transported to the testing facility as per the Guidelines
- Ensure that results of the sputum tests are documented in the recording register
- In case the TB patient is detected as Rifampicin Resistance (RR), TBS, with support of DFS will coordinate with the PMDT site for patient’s registration at the PMDT site.
- Prepare monthly record of the screened; presumptive; registered TB cases; and report the same to Regional Coordinator as per the Guidelines
- Ensure complete and accurate documentation as per the Guidelines
- Conduct him/herself professionally and personally in such a manner so as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and in no way jeopardizing its humanitarian efforts
- Support and facilitate filed visits from national, provincial and district level stakeholders.
- Comply to all the Mercy Corps Policies for example Feld Procurement Policies and Procedure (FP3)
- Any other task or responsibility as assigned by the Regional Coordinator or the Project Manager
Reports Directly To: Regional Coordinator
Works Directly With: Regional Coordinator, Project Assistant, District Field Supervisor, Doctors, Lab, Xpert Testing In-charge
Knowledge and Experience
- Graduation preferably in social sciences or relevant discipline
- At least three years of relevant work experience with community based programs, preferably one year with TB DOTS awareness programs
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Urdu and Punjabi
- Basic computer skills, including MS Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
Preference will be given to local candidates
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. Organization reserves the right to accept or reject any or all CV(s) without assigning any reason.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer.