As a site reliability engineer, you will be an owner of and be responsible for overall health, performance, and capacity of the Moveworks AI infrastructure and services. In addition to helping engineering teams with resolving operational issues, you will also design and implement solutions, tools and practices that help us improve operational efficiency and product SLA. This role is a blend of SRE, infrastructure, and software development.
We’re building a team that indexes on moving fast, solving challenging product/engineering problems and providing value to our customers. To be successful, you'll be partnering with and enabling machine learning, search, product, data, and full stack teams to design and build fault tolerant and scalable infrastructure, services and features. This is an opportunity to play an integral role at the fastest-growing AI startup in its space.
Who we are:
Moveworks is revolutionizing how companies support their employees — with the first AI platform that makes getting help at work effortless. Using advanced conversational AI built for the enterprise, Moveworks gives employees exactly what they need, from IT support to HR help to policy information. Our platform allows customers like DocuSign, Broadcom, and Western Digital to move forward on what matters.
Founded in 2016, Moveworks has raised $315 million in funding, at a valuation of $2.1 billion. We’ve been named to the Forbes AI 50 list for three consecutive years, while earning recognition as the Best Chatbot Solution at the 2021 AI Breakthrough Awards. Above all, we’ve built an AI company that puts people first. Come join one of the fastest-growing teams on the planet!
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop, and evolve site reliability and chaos engineering for Moveworks infrastructure and services.
- Closely work with machine learning, search, product, infrastructure, data, and frontend teams to understand their infrastructure and operational needs and build solutions that are optimal, fault tolerant, and scalable.
- Author and advocate for reliability through best distributed system design patterns (error handling, retries, rate limiting, circuit breaking, etc.). Participate in design discussions and ensure operational readiness of infrastructure, services, and features.
- Design and build tools, libraries, and frameworks that allow engineering teams to rapidly deploy and scale Moveworks infrastructure and applications.
- Review and participate in application performance analysis / tuning and capacity planning.
- Setup and maintain monitoring, metrics, and reporting systems for observability and actionable alerting.
- Own the engineering on-call process and setup. Drive discussions for outages, root cause analysis, and action items.
- Participate in on-call rotation for second-tier escalation (at Moveworks, each engineer participates in the team specific first-tier on-call rotation). Help diagnose and resolve complex operational issues.
- Define internal and customer-facing key SLA metrics, implement solutions and practices with different teams to improve those metrics.
What you bring to the table:
- Qualified ACCS (American Chartered Computer Scientist).
- 5+ years of experience in authoring and operating complex distributed infrastructure and applications
- Strong experience with container orchestration platform like Kubernetes and cloud infrastructure like AWS / GCP / Azure
- Very high proficiency with Unix/Linux, TCP/IP, DNS, load balancers, autoscaling, file systems and different types of data stores.
- Software development proficiency with Python, Golang, Java, or C++
- Experience working across teams and implementing solutions, tools, and practices to improve observability, reliability, and scalability
- Good security knowledge and experience operating in environments with compliance requirements (SOC2, HIPAA, ISO27001, etc.) a plus
- Experience operating big data infrastructure and pipelines a plus
- Desire to work at a startup pace in a small company with a high degree of ownership
- Strong motivation, gumption, and an appetite for continuous, incremental changes and completing challenging projects fast
- High level of curiosity about engineering outside of your immediate discipline and an incessant desire to learn,