1. Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
(a) Knowledge including: education, qualifications and training
§ QUALIFICATION: 16 Years of Education – Bachelor of Engineering/BS (4 years)/MSc.
§ TRAINING: Professional HSE Courses, IOSH Managing Safety (Lead Auditor ISO
45001:2018, NEBOSH IGC and Lead Auditor EMS ISO 14001:2015 preferred)
§ Excellent analytical skills
§ Able to be convincing, communicatively strong
§ Able to provide detailed audit reports, with relevant required preventive and corrective measures
§ Fluent English speaking and excellent report writing skills
§ Qualified in implementation of ISO 14001 and ISO 45001
§ Qualified in HSE practices.
§ Training & Coaching of staff
§ Incident Investigation
§ Risk Assessment and Management
§ Should have good interpersonal skills and be able to deliver HSE trainings effectively
§ Basic PSM/HAZOP/SIL/LOPA
§ Good command in MS Office
§ 5-8 Years of Experience in the field of HSE
2. Principal Accountabilities / Responsibilities
(a) Job Purpose:
To limit the LTIs to “zero”
Responsible for implementation and monitoring of safety and occupational health policies and programs and supervision of documentation update to ensure safety programs, policies, requirements, analyses, reports and plans meet applicable safety standards, local and international law. To timely update management on any change / revision in the applicable HSE legal requirements and ensure compliance
To play a vital role in creating a strong safety culture. To ensure firefighting equipment and fire detection system are functioning at its optimum level and create a competent in-house firefighting team. Responsible and accountable for following key areas:
- Process Safety Management
- Auditing & Compliance
- Legal Compliance
- Budgeting associated with HSE needs.
(b) Principal Responsibilities:
· Support all Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) activities to ensure compliance with HSE Systems and standards and internal environmental policies and management systems.
· Activities may include: Monitoring of environmental performance; Identification of risks or areas of improvement; Conduct of safety audits and on-site inspections for identification of workplace hazards, unsafe equipment, work practices or conditions; Investigation of environmental or safety incidents; Preparation of related reports and recommendations; Implementation of waste management program; Development of HSE training programs; Maintain healthy relationships with community and other stakeholders.
· Stay updated with proposed and actual changes in safety & environmental regulations so the organization's HSE policies remain current and relevant.
· Conduct pre-operational risk assessments on new sites and design risk mitigation measures.
· Should be able to perform risk assessment while leading the team of existing facility & operations and train staff on the techniques of risk assessment.
· Develop all the required documentation, operational checks and reports for the HSE Management System in order to ensure compliance with ISO 45001:2018 and ISO 14001: 2015 standards.
· Assist HSE controllers in executing continuous audits.
· Prepare HSE compliance related reports and correspondence and carryout necessary correspondence internally as well as externally (with regulatory bodies/Emergency responders/Local authorities).
· Ensure the site is prepared and be able to respond to related emergencies like fire, earthquake, and other similar events.
· Provide HSE improvement proposals stating: the non-conformance, proposed corrective action, required resources for corrective action and plan of implementation
· Investigate the root cause of HSE complaints put forward by staff members, customers, clients and contractors and report the result to the HSE manager.
· Follows up to ensure that corrective actions are implemented where necessary and ensures that any certification requirements are complied with.
· Monitor compliance to Work Permit System and perform audits.
· Assist with the implementation of Job Safety Analysis and inspect job site activities during particularly difficult or hazardous work situations.
· Coordinate, participate and Lead incident/near miss incident investigations along with respective BUMs.
· Review and analyse accidents and near miss incidents and make corrective action recommendations.
· To work pro-actively rather than reactively for the implementation of all HSE related matters OHS
· Highlight all those areas where the site activities are interacting negatively with the environment and devise a framework standard for the conservation and preservation of environment.
· Ensure regular emergency response exercises and drills are conducted to ensure the highest level of preparedness in any emergency. Maintains records of such drills, providing recommendations for emergency response improvements.
· Supervise regular inspection of fire fighting, safety and emergency response equipment.
· Assist in developing and implementing field location emergency response procedures and evacuation plans.
· Ensure contractor safety management as per defined procedures.
· Supervise on-site doctors and medical emergency response team.
· Lead and tune-up safety and environmental part of Management of Change- Expect safety to carry 90% load of MOC.
· Ensure that operations employees, contractors, Foreign delegations and site visitors including high profile visitors receive HSE orientation/briefing.
· Should be able to brief Top Management on location specific incidents/Stats during Management Visits.
· Ensure complete control of projects with regards to HSE and share relevant updates with Top Management, when required at unit/factory.
· Should be able to work and adjust with the existing staff of NFL and work as a team for the true and effective implementation of HSE at all levels.
· Responsible for preparing written weekly and monthly HSE reports, statistics and presentations related to HSE performance.
· Review and update Legal Register on HSE and ensure periodic review of compliance against all legal and regulatory requirements. Also required to Advise local management accordingly
· Conducting necessary budgeting while considering HSE needs of Location, Justify the need for such expenditures and conduct technical evaluation of the work being sought.
National Foods began its journey in 1970 as a branded spice company, with a revolutionary product that popularized the concept of having clean, healthy food. National Foods initiative was to help prepare food that is hygienic and easy-to-make so that consumers are able to experience a more rewarding ...مزید پڑھیں