1. Prepares himself completely for performing active EMS duty by completing training with dedication whenever it is arranged by the Company.
2. Takes over the ambulance after duly completing the handing over and taking over procedure at the start of each shift.
3. Performs the duties of EMS with honesty and dedication in keeping with the Foundation policies.
4. Administer medicines and perform procedures required for taking care of the patients being treated/ transported under the supervision and instructions of EMO.
5. Documents all patient care, assessments, BLS skills and all service reports in a timely fashion. Documentation shall be legible and accurate.
6. Shall transfer the patient from the scene of accident or home to the ambulance and after arriving at the hospital transfer to the ER facility of the hospital. He will be assisted in this activity by the driver.
7. At the end of each shift the EMT is responsible to hand over the ambulance to the staff of next shift or the station coordinator in a proper manner and sign the handing over sheet and get it counter signed by the EMO.
8. They are also responsible to accurately maintain a record of all the medicines/ consumables used during the shift and provide the list to the station coordinator.
9. In the absence of the patient’s ability to choose a Hospital to go to, the EMT would need to make the decision.
10. In case an emergency (life threatening/serious) call comes at the end of the shift change, the EMT must immediately attend to call even it means extra time upon the directive of the Control & Command Center.