An international organization is looking for a Regional Finance Officer to provide technical support to the organization’s portfolio in Asia region.
- The organization is mandated to alleviate suffering and save the lives of people affected by conflict, protracted crisis and acute disasters.
- We work in collaboration and partnership with others, including with the national institutions to respond to crises and strive to have impactful results using approaches that enhance our efficiency and effectiveness.
The position is based in Islamabad, Pakistan.
Purpose of Regional Finance Officer:
- The purpose of the Regional Finance Officer role is to support the management of a robust internal control environment, including segregation of duties, and the application of finance policies, processes and procedures in our partner organizations throughout the Asia region.
Specific Responsibility of Regional Finance Officer:
- Coordinate the accounting and finance management functions of the regional office in line with the organizational rules and procedures.
- Support the regional and country offices in all aspects of financial management enabling timely delivery of humanitarian programmes.
- Coordinate and assist in the preparation of the budgets consistent with plans.
- Ensure that all programmes budgets are re-prioritised bi-annually in line with available funding.
- Upload all approved budgets in budgeting software (Basware).
- Ensure that all the offices’ bonafide transactions are appropriately processed into Agresso using the correct account, activity and donor code.
- Ensure monthly closure of accounts within required deadlines and the preparation of the cash requests.
- Implement standardised filing and archiving system for the Region and/or Country Offices while promoting adherence to the same among programme departments.
- Prepare accurate, regular and timely donor financial reports.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as may be determined by the Regional Finance Manager.
- Assist Regional Finance Manager in providing feedback on the tertial reports required by HQ.
- Coordinate all work that will easily facilitate and enhance successful audit of the regional office operations and programmes.
- Support Country Offices to facilitate external audits.
- Support in the preparation of the audit working papers twice a year.
- Monitor cash flow and keep Regional Finance Manager informed on liquidity.
- Quality assure the cash requests received from the Country Offices.
- Check that invoices are in accordance with goods/services delivered and all supporting documentation is complete (price quote, purchase order, goods received note etc.)
- Under direction from Regional Representative Asia, quality assure, advise and support on budgeting and financial reporting from partners. Monitor and follow-up of financerelated issues.
- Conduct internal audits for Country Offices (Pakistan, Afghanistan & Myanmar).
- Perform quality assurance on monthly reimbursement claims submitted by partner organisations.
- Perform spot checks of COs vouchers related to monthly reimbursement claims submitted by partner organisation.
- Verify the occurrence of expenses, ensure they are in accordance with approved budget and Country’s Plan of Action.
- Prepare funds transfer documentation against reimbursement claims.
- Process payments of various payment modes for the operation: Cash, Cheques &Bank Transfers.
- Process monthly payroll and submission of bank transfer letter after review.
- Post all claims in to Agresso and ensure proper filing/record keeping.
- Prepare cash request for Regional Office on quarterly basis.
- Perform the month end petty cash reconciliation and ensure that the cash account statement is supported by a Agresso print out.
- Perform bank reconciliation of all the accounts, check and ensure that all daily bank register is updated by the cashier.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts.
- Act as the focal person for Country Offices guidance regarding the financial procedures within the region.
- Guide and follow up with the Country Offices regarding the implementation of internal and external audit recommendations.
- Contribute to International Programmes and Preparedness Department’s global efforts to harmonise and improve financial procedures and processes between the Headquarters, Regional and the Country Offices.
- Support Country Programme Managers, Regional and Country Finance Officers to ensure adequate financial management.
- Collaborate closely with the international Finance and Grants Unit, to implement organisational guidelines, rules and regulations.
- Work with International Finance Department to facilitate and follow up controller’s visits to the region.
Skill and Knowledge:
- Advanced knowledge of accounting concepts, financial management and use of reporting applications (e.g. Agresso and Advanced use of excel).
- Understanding of internal control and treasury management concepts and tools.
- Proven ability to engage discretely and tactfully with internal and external stakeholders. Advanced skills in computer productivity applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Professional qualification in accounting (Chartered Accountant, CPA, ACCA or equivalent) Or a master’s degree in accounting or Business Administration
- At least six (6) years of work experience in Accounting, Finance Management and Donor Reporting (essential)
- Experience ina reputable international humanitarian organisation (essential)
- Proven ability to work towards achieving objectives and results.
- An aptitude to work in a team setting with support to others, cooperation and collaboration in pursuit of shared goals.
- A demonstrative ability to communicate effectively, convince and gain acceptance.
- Be solution oriented.
- Create a stable and re-assuring team environment and is firm and reliable.
We are committed to equal opportunity employment and are particularly interested to receive applications from qualified women. Interested applicants are required to submit an updated CV along with a covering letter highlighting your qualification, relevance and motivation to the position. Closing date is 14th March 2021