OctoberNow is looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist responsible of executing financial disbursements in an efficient and cost effective manner. should be an internal customer service oriented person that requires a high level of flexibility, proactivity, and responsiveness to dynamic business needs.
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for timely recording and payment of a high volume of invoices, travel advances and expenses through the accounts payable process
Role and Responsibilities
• Record and maintain complete data for employees in accounting systems including address, tax/registration and banking details accordingly.
• Screen employees for compliance with jurisdictional sanctions listings.
• Ensure employees are classified appropriately for tax and regulatory filings and insurances.
• Communicate with employees regarding inquiries and payment notifications as needed.
• Review payment request for business purpose and evidence of value for payment for invoices and staff travel advances and expense reimbursements.
• Record invoices for multiple legal entities in the accounting system in an accurate and timely manner.
• Prepare and schedule disbursements and staff expense reimbursements utilizing the accounting systems. Payment methods include check, cash, direct debit, and electronic transfer.
• Create and maintain specific payment templates in the treasury and/or accounting systems for electronic payments.
• Perform monthly and annual closing of the Accounts Payable sub ledger and reconcile to General Ledger.
• Participate in the ongoing development and education of non-finance staff to support best practices for invoice and payment processing.
• Compile requested documentation to support the annual financial statement and insurance audits.
• Perform other tasks as requested by department managers.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
At least a bachelors degree.
• Previous accounts payable experience. Basic understanding of General Ledger accounting and familiarity with accounting and payment software.
· Preferable to have experience working ecommerce company
· Can handle pressure and challenging tasks
• Ability to learn and develop expertise in automated systems. Microsoft Office proficiency required.