One Network is seeking an IT System Operations Specialist to oversee and direct the day-to-day activities of the organization’s information technology (IT) infrastructure, ensuring that systems, services, and infrastructure work reliably and securely.
To make the commuter’s wheel run with fewer squeaks and bumps, the IT System Operations Manager is responsible for implementing, supervising, and looking after the operations of tolled roads. The IT System Operations Specialist is expected not only to provide guidance and leadership to the IT department and its technicians, but also directly supports end users by handling escalations, resolving user issues, monitoring the performance of business-critical systems to prevent delays, and outages, and quickly resolve ongoing issues.
The IT System Operations Specialist will work collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders to plan for executing periodic maintenance and keep 100% uptime to ensure that the project’s overall objectives and goals meet on time. This role requires a broad range of skills, including, but not limited to, project scoping, project lifecycle management, relationship management, cross-functional communications, resource analysis, complex problem solving, and team building.
The candidate should be able to:
- Ensure that all sensors related to Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) and Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) installed at his respective motorway/section remain operational.
- Maintains coordination with the Network team and HQ for smooth functioning of ITS / ETC system.
- Mobilize the Mobile Repairing Team (MRT) for timely resolving the Faults related to the installed system.
- Make Video Wall at the control center by utilizing the knowledge and experience.
- Extract and analyze various different reports related to ITS, Network, System, Power, and Traffic behaviors to generate timely responses and reactions.
- Report to General manager and timely generate occurrence about the issues highlighted, make equipment arrangement for the new deployment of entry/exit lanes at respective motorways.
- Analyze the ledger of the store and make sure that 10% of spares are readily available at the section's store.
- Highlight and resolve issues of the team including technical, field, and management staff.
- Conduct relevant system training at section level for new joiners.
- Make a project plan for new installation.
- Make project reports, presentations, and briefs.
- Coordinate with other cells of department i.e., Networks, Power, Procurement, Inventory, Business Development, HR, O&M, and external bodies e.g., NHA, and NHMP.
An ideal candidate shall have:
- Bachelor / Master degree in Engineering Management, Computer Science, Electronics, Electrical, Telecommunication, Mechatronics or related technical field required.
- 7 + years experience as a technical operational manager.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others.
- Excellent English language communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making and supervising teams.
- Experience working in a high-level collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality.
- Experience defining program requirements and using data to determine improvements. Bonus points if you have
- CCNA, CCNP, JNICP, HCIP, ITIL, and PMP Certification from accredited intuition preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies, and methods.
- Experience in mentoring, coaching, and developing rising talent in the technology department.
IT System Operations Specialist is expected to have followed technical competencies:
Competencies related to Network:
- Configuration of routers, network switches, power beam, and air station.
- Deployment of optical fiber and configuration of microwave links.
Competencies related to Power:
- Hands-on experience related to working with a solar inverter, central UPS system, and Earthing.
- Must be aware of International standard requirements of IT system i.e., earthing values, phase/load distribution, generator frequencies.
- Hands-on experience in designing and implementation Hybrid / ON /OFF grid solar systems.
- Must be aware of ACS, fire Alarm, cooling system, solar and power (3p,2p, Earthing) system for the data center.
Competencies related to system:
- For competency in the ETC system, he must know about the working of IP Cameras / CCTV Cameras, Computer system, RFID readers, Biometric machine, VMS, SMD, WIM and QR scanner, Switches, and signal lights.
- For competency in ITS, he must have skills to work on PTZ cameras, static cameras, ERT phones, network P-2-P links, and Barrier inside machines installed at toll booths.
- Experience in installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Meraki (Network Device).
One Network Pvt. Ltd doesn’t just offer a job, we offer a career with varying assignments and lots of development opportunities so that we develop our leaders of tomorrow. You will get a competitive compensation package, in line with your qualifications and experience, including family health insurance, Provident fund, Official vehicle, and other prescribed allowances for the position as per company policy.