Alert: Must have proven record of café management experience or have burning desire to become the star of hospitality industry. Must be able to work long and late night hours.
Job Title: Coffee Shop Manager
Options Coffee and More – Introduction:
OPTIONS COFFEE AND MORE is a unique and most popular café in town – built with the theme of a “Social Lounge” – StarBucks Coffee, BaskinRobins Ice Cream, Innovative Yummilicious Drinks, Snacks, Freshly baked food in Options Kitchen, Ludo/Chess Tables, News Corner, 3 D Gaming Zone, Safari Lounge, Big Screen LED;s for Sports are few of the unique features and exclusivities of this coffee café. Options Café is a star café in town and also presenting its own TV show on National TV.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
To manage the Café and optimise profit, whilst remaining consistent with its concept of “Social Lounge” and community focus.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES FOR THE CAFÉ MANAGER
· To work in close liaison with the senior management and make roasters, assign duties and monitor productivity.
· To develop and manage relationships with customers, staff and suppliers.
· To train and manage café staff.
· To manage all aspects of the daily running of the Café including maintaining of recipes and tastes for coffees/ frappes/ drinks, restocking and delivery of goods to the café in liaison with the store Manager, ensuring its smooth running and proper administration.
· Knowledge of demand base ordering and maintaining product displays.
· Able to handle customers, upselling and customer complaints in best manners.
· Able to handle social media marketing and offline marketing of the Café with innovative techniques.
· Able to retain customers.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES FOR THE SHOP ADMINISTRATION
·To be responsible to the Senior Management for specified administrative functions in connection with stock management, ordering and receiving product deliveries and helping with the smooth running of the online campaigns.
· Assist in the ordering and stock management processes to maintain EPOS stock levels and to help with periodic stock take.
· Deal with telephone/ email queries promptly and concisely, answering customer queries in a courteous and timely fashion.
· To acquaint himself/herself with current regulations relating to Health and Safety at Work, Food Handling and Hygiene Regulations, Fire Fighting equipment and precautions.
· Proven management and organisational skills - with thoroughness and attention to detail. · Proven leadership and ability to work on own initiative without supervision.
· Skills and knowledge of coffee and food
· Proven interpersonal skills - able to develop good work relationships, enjoy meeting and working with people at all levels and from diverse walks of life.
· Computer literate with word processing, database, spreadsheet and Internet research
· A working knowledge of budgets and budgetary control.
· Energy and persistence to see tasks through to successful completion and able to work additional hours when necessary.
· A working knowledge of Health and Safety requirements.
· A pleasant personality with a sense of humour and the ability to establish a rapport with a wide cross section of society
NATURE AND SCOPE
The success of the Cafe is dependent on the effectiveness of the management. The whole operation must present a friendly and welcoming environment in which customers feel comfortable, enjoying excellent service. While receiving guidance from the management, the successful development of the Café will depend to a large extent on the imagination, initiative and energy of the Manager. A combination of flexibility, enthusiasm, innovation and sound organisational skills is essential. This job description is not exhaustive and is liable to review following discussion with the job holder. As café duties permit, the post holder will be expected to undertake other tasks associated with overall management of the Galleries business as directed by the management.
Chain of Fine dining restaurants, coffee cafe's and bakers . Global Head office is in Dubai and Pakistan country head office is in Lahore.