We produce boxing equipment and apparel and employ about 250 people.
We are looking to recruit an exceptional individual to manage our factory.
We are offering market competitive salary package which includes a performance bonus paid monthly.
Accommodation can be arranged for the right person.
Below are key responsibilities and required qualifications.
- Supervise all department managers.
- Run factory as per agreed KPI
- Achieve production targets with allocated budget
- Oversee recruitment and selection of factory employees.
- Manage training and development plans for factory employees.
- Set and communicate performance expectations.
- Monitor department manager performance.
- Conduct performance reviews.
- Plan production operations, establishing priorities according to stock level and orders.
- Prepare operational schedules and coordinate manufacturing activities.
- Review production systems to identify opportunities for greater efficiency.
- Responsible for good execution of the production plan.
- Overall responsibility for the Health and Safety of the Manufacturing Operation.
- To provide leadership in all matters relating to successful running of the factory.
- Enabling regular communication at the workplace regarding Health and Safety.
- Identifying and reporting hazards in the factory, assessing and controlling their risk, using the hierarchy of control, presenting options to the business.
- To deal with hazardous events (fires, emergencies and accidents.), and investigate their cause.
- Understanding with appropriate training the law, regulations, standards, codes of practice and procedures relating to Health and Safety in the organisation.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the site Health and Safety Management System, by reviewing KPI's, and using these to facilitate safety improvements.
- Assist in the planning, consultation, and implementation of safety instructions, procedures and policies
- Understanding with appropriate training the law, regulations, standards, codes of practice and procedures relating to Health and Safety in the organization.
- Qualification in production management or related discipline is highly desirable but not essential.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a senior management position in a similar environment in the Apparel Industry.
- Experience in setting up and running a similar production unit
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good numerical ability.
- Reading and listening skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated leadership of medium to large teams.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.