An individual who will be responsible to translate written material into one or more other languages including English and Urdu, ensures meaning and context are maintained, creates glossaries.
- Reads through the material in one language, ascertains understanding of the meaning and context of that material, and converts it into a second language, making sure to preserve the original meaning.
- Consults with subject matter experts and other colleagues in order to understand specialized concepts and translate them appropriately.
- Should be fluent, energetic and friendly on calls.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent command of English and Urdu in order to accurately translate complex texts.
- Strong editorial skills, including an excellent sense of language and grammar and a keen eye for detail.
- Outstanding skills in project management, including meeting tight deadlines, prioritizing workload, and maintaining accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively and tactfully with colleagues in other departments within the institution.
- Knowledge of standard proofreaders’ marks.
Should have good knowledge using Ms. Office.