The prime purpose of this position is to design and implement district level communication plan in Karachi while engaging youth and academia, business community, parliamentarians, religious forums and women forums to raise awareness on PPC thematic areas i.e. Promotion of Interfaith Harmony, Countering Hate speech, role of families in peace building, and promotion of safer charity practices, role of teacher in community building.
District Communication Coordinator will also coordinate with above-mentioned stakeholders to get their support for social mobilization activities in the field and carry advocacy efforts to create enabling environment for implementation of the charity act and other thematic areas of PPC under the guidance of manager DLEP.
Duration: District Communication Coordinator is ideally expected to start work by mid-December 2019. The duration of this assignment is for five months with possible extension.
Role and Responsibilities
1. To initiate advocacy efforts for implementation of safer charity act, 2019 in Sindh and other thematic area of PPC through active engagement with the parliamentarians and other key influential of the district/ province.
2. To engage social institutions, community based networks, business community, women forums, and religious forums through various activities with on objective to mobilize communities on program themes.
3. Engagement with educational institutes (Colleges, Universities) through awareness raising activities (conducting seminars, arts and painting exhibitions.
4. Help setting up volunteer networks as change ambassadors in Karachi.
5. Collaborate with private sector against strategic objectives of the program to enhance to outreach of the program messages.
6. To assist in encouraging potential community leaders to advocate and promote program themes in their communities for achieving sustainable results.
7. Contribute to contingency planning at the District and national level, where required.
8. To identify, write and share success stories of the field activities.
9. To submit monthly, Quarterly and final progress report, of the field activities.
10. Perform any other duty assigned by the line manager and senior management.