Pakistan Reading Project (PRP) is a USAID funded project to improve the quality of reading in public and private schools across Pakistan, supporting at least 2.5 million additional primary school students to read at a level commensurate with standards at their grade level. This goal will be supported by the mutually-reinforcing components of teacher education and professional development (PD), systems reform, and civil society engagement. The Pakistan Reading Project is a five year project to be implemented in 67 districts of 8 provinces across Pakistan.
M&E coordinator is responsible for ensuring Monitoring systems are working efficiently, project is on track through measuring progress against project indicators and data is timely available for internal decision making and external use. M&E coordinator with the technical guidance of Technical Coordinator and Central Team, is responsible for identifying needs of project database, articulate database design with Central team according to project PMP needs, develop staff capacity to use project database and ensure data is regularly entered in project database. The position holder is responsible to ensure that all project indicators are properly incorporated in various data collection tools, and data management systems. It also requires standardizations of data collection tools, processes and systems to ensure smooth data flow for timely decision making and reporting. He/she will be responsible to make sure data against all PMP indicators is updated and timely available for donor reporting
- Responsible for consultation with field project staff to identify needs data collection tools and systems.
- Coordinate with regional / district teams to identify project database needs/requirements.
- Design various data collection tools based on output level indictors in consultation with respective program staff, region based M&E coordinators and Technical Coordinator.
- Lead data collection process and ensure high-quality data is collected in accordance with the agreed time plan and data collection strategy. In cooperation with the Central team, region based M&E coordinator, analyze and summarize data, and help ensure high-quality reporting for regular, interim and final report
- Responsible to make sure USAID data quality standards are met, data flow at various levels (head office, field offices), evidences are collected according to set criteria and documentation is completed.
- Finalize and standardize data collection tools, processes and systems in consultation with Technical Coordinator and central team.
- Assist Technical Coordinator and central team to develop policies, practices and procedures that properly manage the full data lifecycle of project database.
- Regularly work with project staff and province/region based M&E coordinators to identify various M&E needs to assess project progress and performance regularly and also on need basis.
- Assist Technical Coordinator in follow up with identified project staff to ensure that data is regularly collected, verified and entered in project database.
- Communicate with Technical Coordinator and Sr. program staff and province/region based M&E coordinators to ensure that requirements and needs of project reporting are fully understood.
- Analyze Project staff’s requirements from Project database particularly on data management and analysis and translate into appropriate and effective technical solutions in consultation with ICT staff.
- Design training/capacity-building sessions on project database, database management and analysis for identified project staff; how to collect, enter and analyze data on weekly and monthly basis.
- Conduct follow up of each training conducted on M&E and provide on job training according to project needs.
- Design training(s) on various identified M&E needs e.g. data analysis, Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA), SPSS, writing success stories, field monitoring.
- Provide technical support on M&E related issues to project staff as necessary.
- Prepare and present periodical reports and analyses based upon M&E-IS, reports received, communication held with regional and district teams and observation visits and meetings held.
- Support Technical Coordinator, regional and district teams in planning of project activities.
- Any other task assigned by supervisor.
Other M&E Tasks,
- Closely work with project staff to develop monitoring plans and assist Technical Coordinator to compile and finalize overall project Monitoring Plan for PRP.
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation systems are well maintained and fully functioning throughout the project duration and adjusted when required by changing program needs.
- Develop weekly and monthly work plans with field project teams. Track the team’s ability to deliver on the plan and report back to the team each week.
- Work closely with entire M&E team to establish coordinated data collection processes, standards for the entire project as required meeting monitoring, evaluation and reporting needs.
- Assist Technical Coordinator in preparing weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for donor and IRC HQ.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Technical Coordinator IFO
Position directly supervises:
Indirect Reporting: Sr. MEL Advisor Technical Oversight/
Technical Oversight/ Technical Coordinator and Head of Office IFO
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Province/region based M&E coordinators, Field staff, provincial / regional team, Project based M&E focal points, Technical Coordinators
External: Govt. Education Departments, Universities and colleges
- Master Degree (preferably in IT/computer science/Social Sciences)
· At least 5 years technical experience in M&E with INGO preferably USAID project
· Experience in working on PakInfo and TraiNet
· Extensive experience in the design, development and implementation of complex, Large monitoring systems
· Experience on data analysis by using SPSS and Epi Info
· Good report writing skills
· Monitoring & Evaluation
· Data analysis
· Data Quality
Language and Computer Skills:
· Excellent communication skills in English including report writing
· Sound knowledge on project databases
Strong computer skills and command on SPSS & Epi Information