Pakistan Single Window (PSW) primarily focuses on integrating and strengthening trade related government-to-government (G2G) and business-to-government (B2G) interactions, but at the same time it also incorporates logistics management system. The PSW is a collaborative effort led by Pakistan Customs but involving multiple public and private sector stakeholders including regulatory authorities, traders, freight forwarders, banks, terminal operators, and transporters etc.
To create greater buy-in and widespread voluntary adoption among various stakeholders, PSW is looking to hire a Communication Manager to help reach out to the internal and external stakeholders, supervise and implement activities related to the marketing and promotion of the PSW system and its allied components and support PSW brand building and public image. The Manager will also be responsible for the content management of the PSW public portals including the PSW Website, Trade Information Portal and Port Community System.
- The ultimate task of the Communications Manager is to develop and implement a Communications Strategy for the project, coordinate the design and implementation of an integrated information system and formulate a multi-stakeholder participation plan. Following are the key responsibilities: -
- Support and supervise the development of a communications strategy, stakeholder engagement plan and information dissemination mechanisms for PSW including information on objectives, audiences, messages, resources, timescales, tools, and activities.
- Help design, develop, implement, and supervise communication and outreach/advocacy strategies, including media strategies and developing digital platforms (print, electronic, website, social and other media).
- Help develop and produce communication and advocacy instruments and all promotional materials, including briefing materials, press releases, brochures, flyers, and articles and coordinate its dissemination through effective channels.
- Regular conduct communication need assessment of different stakeholder groups and suggest targeted interventions for effective communications.
- Ensure the implementation of communication plans including event planning and management, drafting content and key messages using various formats and media and packaging communication material appropriate to local context and nuances.
- Support the Marketing and Communications team in developing user-friendly and high-quality Information, Education and Communication (IEC) material (such as handouts, posters, brochures, video documentary films and photo documentation, success stories booklet etc.) in Urdu and English for communication of PSW activities to relevant public and private stakeholders.
- Prepare annual work plan for workshops, trainings, meetings, and seminars that will be conducted regularly, and work closely with the relevant PSW teams for its implementation.
- Develop communication tools such as newsletters, newswires, town halls, digital check-ins to promote ownership, brand loyalty and effective communications within the PSW teams based in Islamabad, Karachi, and other places.
- Anticipate and act upon any additional communication related needs as and when they arise.
- Lead and supervise the communications and press relations team.
- Plan and implement regular press/media engagement activities to ensure high visibility of the program and its various components.
- Design and implement press/media including digital media interventions for trader awareness and education including but not limited to press briefings, documentaries, interviews, podcasts, blogs, Op-Eds, press releases etc.
- Support development of new content for PSW digital media platforms.
- Liaise with journalists, business writers, and counterparts in the development community and the corporate sector to ensure widespread coverage of relevant events and projects.
- Keep informed on latest industry communication tools through constant up gradation of qualification and skills.
- Manage, supervise, and regularly update the content posted on the PSW website , TIPP, PCS and other PSW portals t
- Devise and implement procedures for regular exchange of information between PSW, Customs and Other Government Agencies for keeping the content updated at all public sites/portals
- Ensure compliance with relevant rules and regulations regarding the publishing of PSW related content on website and other portals.
- Provide support to the Domain Team in developing/implementing effective change management strategy.
- Supervise and edit content of PSW’s published material on all media.
Resource planning and supervision
- Help plan shared resource allocation such as technical content writers assigned to the department.
- Develop KPIs for the Communication Team and help assess/manage their performance.
- Liaise and coordinate with media partners, advertising agencies, production houses, and other teams engaged by PSW to ensure timely delivery of communication products.
- Develop standardized templates for PSW’s presentations, reports, and other published material for onward dissemination.
- Assist PSW employees in drafting of reports, presentations etc.
Education & Work Experience
The candidate must have:
- Masters or bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Marketing, Media, Management, Mass Communication & Journalism) from HEC recognized University or preferably from a foreign University.
- 7+ years of progressively responsible and relevant professional work experience in communication, print, broadcast, and/or new media, preferably with international institutions.
- Demonstrated experience in the field of journalism, communications, external relations, public affairs, public relations or corporate communications, and media releases of multi-disciplinary projects.
- Desirable previous media management related work experience in one or more of the participating OGAs.
- Applicant must be willing and able to travel as needed.
- Possesses demonstrated ability with visual presentation.
- Effective in using both traditional communications (radio, community approaches) and new media (social media, alternative media).
- Skilled in communicating and facilitating multi-stakeholder dialogues involving governments, donors, private sector, academia, and bilateral/multilateral.
- Effective in event planning and management.
Base of Operation:
- Islamabad, Pakistan, with occasional traveling to Karachi and other major cities.