DSA would advise and guide the PSW Company and other stakeholders including Customs and OGA IT teams on adoption and implementation of different digital tools/technologies/solutions based on international best practices for improvement of Pakistan’s international trade ecosystem.
The DSA will also direct and guide the planning and change management of Customs Management and Port Community Systems in support of core business functions to improve cost effectiveness, service quality and business development.
The purpose of the assignment is to support the PSW in establishing a digital government framework embracing digital transformation as a key driver for reform and provide advisory on the deployment and integration of new automated systems, databases, infrastructure, technology and solutions for optimizing PSW and its allied systems’ performance, and facilitating international trade to the satisfaction of public and private sector stakeholders without compromising on regulatory controls and policy objectives.
The Digital Strategy Advisor-DSA would be required to perform the following tasks:
1. Provide technical support, guidance, and advice to formulate and execute Company’s Digital Strategy with regards to people, process and technology and information systems.
2. Support and guide the PSW initiatives through the establishment of a digital governance framework – Product Roadmap, Service Framework, Operating Model, Capability Model Framework, Policies, Procedures, Processes and Data.
3. Provide technical support, guidance, and advice on the implementation of knowledge management systems and facilities necessary to develop the capabilities of ICT personnel through e-Learning platform.
4. Oversee and recommend suggestions on all software development products, requirements document, artifacts, manuals, and project plans developed internally or by third parties, to ensure that they are aligned with PSW's objectives and priorities.
5. Create and lead a small team of digital experts and analysts to provide inputs to conceptualize, develop/implement, test, monitor and evaluate innovation projects related to customs and cargo clearance in PSW, WeBOC, PCS;
6. Study current state assessment on the overall technology assets as in place and recommend best practices, standards and practices and ensure adherence;
7. Formulate and execute Data Governance Strategy in coordination with the PSW CTO to develop and deliver enterprise-wide solutions for complex data challenges, including developing and applying data models to derive insights, improve decision making, and processes automation.
8. Recommend improvements measures based on best practices for digital media assets – Web, Mobile, Chatbots, Cloud and Social Media.
9. Assess the impact on service integrations related to G2G, B2G, G2B, and G2C. Define a long-term plan of action and roadmap to achieve PSW/WeBOC integration services objectives and goals.
10.Provide advisory on the deployment of new automated systems, databases, and Infrastructure to the PSW/WeBOC and other systems that will need to reengineer customs administration functions and enhance staff’s performance, and the trader’s satisfaction.
11.Recommend and ensure the implementation of suitable technologies to streamline all internal operations and help optimize their strategic benefits.
12.Supervise the design, implementation, customization and maintenance of the PSW software applications, network infrastructure, website development and all ICT projects.
13.Provide advisory in assessment, procurements and integration of outsourced or third party solutions under PSW program
14.Devise program for up-grading skill set of HR in ICT related matters
Knowledge of business practices of trade regulating agencies and customs.
WeBOC impact analysis and recommendations submitted
2 months after award of contract
PSW Digital governance framework developed and approved
3 months after award of contract
Digital transformation team hired and in place
4 months after award of contract
WeBOC integration roadmap initiated for implementation
6 months after award of contract
Current state assessment of the PSW technology assets
6 months after award of contract
ICT e-learning modules identified and implemented
7 months after award of contract
Organizational assessment of the PSW Technology Division
8 months after award of contract
Digital media strategy developed and approved
9 months after award of contract
Assessment on blockchain and cloud computing integration with PSW
10 months after award of contract
Final presentation to Customs
10 months after award of contract
The DSA will report to the CEO, PSW. He/She will work in close coordination with the CTO of the PSW.
Pakistan Single Window (PSW) is an ICT-based system in Pakistan providing a single window for trade. PSW is a facility that allows parties involved in trade and transport to lodge standardized information and documents at a single-entry point to fulfill all import, export, and transit-related regulatory requirements. If information is electronic, then individual data elements need to be submitted only once. PSW will connect relevant government departments with each other and with economic operators like importers, exporters, customs agents, shipping agents, transporters etc, in Pakistan for efficient management of cross border trade. It will provide the ease and transparency in achieving compliance with relevant regulatory requirements, through an on-line facility, that will intelligently handle the information for each transaction without the need to provide same information more than once or to physically visit such government departments. Pakistan has committed to implement various provisions of World Trade Organization’s (WTO) Trade Facilitation Agreement that includes implementation of a National Single Window (NSW) system before February, 2022. Pakistan also needs PSW implementation to overhaul management of its external trade for reducing time, cost and complexity involved to improve its position in various global rankings on competitiveness and ease of doing business. Guiding vision and mission objectives: VISION: Pakistan will establish a world-class automated hub by 2022, offering services and creating efficiencies, to reduce cross border trade related costs, time and complications for improved trade facilitation and compliance. MISSION: Improve cross-border trader processing by providing centralized ICT based services, simplified processes, effective and reliable automation, harmonized data exchange and risk-based selectivity in enforcement of government’s regulations.