Pakistan Single Window (PSW) primarily focuses on integrating and strengthening trade related government-to-government (G2G) and business-to-government (B2G) interactions, but at the same time it also incorporates logistics management system. The PSW is a collaborative effort led by Pakistan Customs but involving multiple public and private sector stakeholders including regulatory authorities, traders, freight forwarders, banks, terminal operators, and transporters etc.
Objectives: The incumbent will be responsible to implement lean and continuous improvement methods and tools as head of a team engaged in business process analysis and design activities. He/she will act as a coach and mentor to the team and will ensure development as well as implementation of industry standards. This position will report to the Chief Domain Officer. He/she must possess strong data analytical skills to understand business processes and develop more efficient and effective designs after Business Process Reengineering.
He will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
· Lead project engagements around process improvement/operational excellence.
· Understand the client's organization and their specific business process issues and help define/present solutions to drive value and deliver results to the client.
· Identify and implement process improvements and process excellence programs across the various aspects of people, process, information (including metrics), and technology.
· Provide business process knowledge/best practices to the concerned stakeholders.
· Interview key stakeholders to establish successful criteria and constraints.
· Collect and analyze data as well as gather and document stakeholders' requirements.
· Analyze business processes to develop recommendations.
· Develop process/rules definition and documentation.
· Lead process mapping workshops.
· Coach and/or educate the team on BPA/BPM best practices.
· Tackle complex problems and ability to come up with out-of-the-box ideas to find solutions.
· Create and present both executive-level and detailed updates and final project readout deck.
· Facilitate any organizational process workshops involving liaison with users and process requirements.
· Carry out professional measuring and monitoring, as well as provision of feedback on performance of business processes.
· Educate Business users that are responsible for the operation and management of various business processes.
· Discern the difference between various steps and business processes recorded on a flow chart.
· Analyze business steps and processes to enable easy determination of their constituents.
· Create and present process improvement reports.
· Ensure that the outcomes derivable from a business process are in line with the strategic goal of the organization.
· Oversee the automation of business processes right from the start.
· Gather data and evaluate results of re-engineered or improved business processes.
· Lead the team of lT Business / System Analysts by managing assignments, priority, reviews, and mentoring.
· Produce high output, high efficiency delivery of work items from inception through acceptance.
· Understand and disseminate product architecture and domain for team enabling efficient, quality code delivery.
· Plan software releases in coordination with chief Domain Officer.
· Ensure to deploy the solution to Test/UAT Environment for Q/A/Business review.
· Improve operations by conducting system analysis, recommending changes in policies and procedures.
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
· Should be well versed in process excellence, passionate about their clients, dedicated to delivering high-quality solutions, and willing to travel occasionally.
· Must demonstrate flexibility and be willing to tailor approach specifically based on the client's needs. o Should have experience across multiple industry verticals.
· Has the ability to create unmatched experiences, for both clients and employees and should revel in doing the unexpected and extraordinary for others.
· Need to be comfortable functioning as either an individual or in a team-based role' . Need to be someone who likes to solve problems.
· Should have excellent communication skills - both written and verbal - and translating technical concepts into layman's terms is an essential skill.
· Should be someone with the spirit of an educator and thus gets excited about mentoring and knowledge sharing.
· Should possess skill for business process simulation and optimization.
· Should have ability to make decisions fast and establish rules towards proper business management.
· Must possess aptitude to facilitate business process and skills to monitor other members of staff towards attaining business goal.
· Should have ability to benchmark and analyze various business processes.
· Must have HEC recognized Master / Bachelor's (4 years) Degree in software Engineering, computer Engineering, MIS or related field.
· Must have 12+ years of experience of implementing customized business processes, software design and development, especially in design and development of data driven, rule engine and workflow-based applications.
· Must have Digital Technology project design and implementation experience.
Pakistan Single Window (PSW) is an ICT-based system in Pakistan providing a single window for trade. PSW is a facility that allows parties involved in trade and transport to lodge standardized information and documents at a single-entry point to fulfill all import, export, and transit-related regulatory requirements. If information is electronic, then individual data elements need to be submitted only once. PSW will connect relevant government departments with each other and with economic operators like importers, exporters, customs agents, shipping agents, transporters etc, in Pakistan for efficient management of cross border trade. It will provide the ease and transparency in achieving compliance with relevant regulatory requirements, through an on-line facility, that will intelligently handle the information for each transaction without the need to provide same information more than once or to physically visit such government departments. Pakistan has committed to implement various provisions of World Trade Organization’s (WTO) Trade Facilitation Agreement that includes implementation of a National Single Window (NSW) system before February, 2022. Pakistan also needs PSW implementation to overhaul management of its external trade for reducing time, cost and complexity involved to improve its position in various global rankings on competitiveness and ease of doing business. Guiding vision and mission objectives: VISION: Pakistan will establish a world-class automated hub by 2022, offering services and creating efficiencies, to reduce cross border trade related costs, time and complications for improved trade facilitation and compliance. MISSION: Improve cross-border trader processing by providing centralized ICT based services, simplified processes, effective and reliable automation, harmonized data exchange and risk-based selectivity in enforcement of government’s regulations.