Palm City Housing Scheme has been acquiring, developing and managing diverse portfolio of real estate with focus on result is looking for an experienced and qualified Internal Auditor with the following details:
Examine and evaluate the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the organization’s internal control systems and procedures and recommend corrective actions to improve operations, enhance internal controls and reduce costs where possible.
· Draft the Internal Audit Charter of the organization in line with the international standards.
· Develop risk–based annual audit plans detailing the scope, nature and timing of audit activities.
· Design internal audit procedures and work programs.
· Advise management on the resourcing requirements for the Internal Audit function, including any potential outsourcing arrangements.
· Conduct internal audits to assess the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the established internal controls and procedures.
· Identify key areas of risk within the organization and propose appropriate controls to mitigate the risks.
· Review the accuracy, timeliness and relevance of financial information and other disclosures provided to management.
· Discuss audit findings and recommendations with line managers and report significant issues to senior management.
· Prepare audit reports in line with the approved audit plan.
· Monitor the timely implementation of the management actions recommended in the audit reports.
· Provide senior management with an opinion on the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the internal controls in the organization.
Main interactions with other functions/ external entities
Frequent interaction with all personnel within the organization, senior management and External Auditors
• Real estate industry experience preferred • Corporate environment experience preferred • Excellent communication skills, ability to interact effectively at all levels within the organization • Demonstrated process improvement experience is preferred • Proven ability to handle multiple projects and to prioritize work • Strong attention to detail • Ability to work at the site of the project