I am a highly prudent and strategically inclined Senior Merchandising Manager with significant accomplishments and expert knowledge in supply chain management, procurement, inventory control as well as planning, implementing, and executing strategies resulting in greater customer confidence and strengthened business results. Ability to combine vision, experience, knowledge and leadership to plan and execute operational actions to support business strategy and achieve market and financial goals. With over 10 years of experience in leading and driving procurement performance ambition across diverse and cross-functional teams within the procurement, supply chain and sales arena for diverse industries.
My key skills include Business and Merchandise Planning, Assortment Analysis and Demand Planning, Supply Chain, Risk Assessment/Mitigation, Policies & Procedures Compliance, Strategic Planning & Analysis, Continues Process Improvement, Budgeting, Pricing, & Cost Reduction and Client/Vendor Negotiation.
I was engaged with M/S Yellow (Beximco), as a Senior Manager Merchandising, where I designed effective plans to achieve retail objectives, review previous performance with primary and secondary variables, develop trend analysis and brand strategies to increase inventory sales, receipt and achieve margin targets. Attached is my resume which showcases my progressive experience and successful track record for leading successful initiatives. My professional background and great industrial exposure coupled with an excellent track record makes me an ideal candidate for executive roles. As such, I would welcome a discussion regarding opportunities with your organization that fit my background.
• Devised and established a company's quality procedures, standards and specifications; reviewed customer requirements and ensured they are met
• Designed effective plans to achieve retail objectives, review previous performance with primary and secondary variables, develop trend analysis and brand strategies to increase inventory sales, receipt and achieve margin targets.
• Supervised and managed timely arrangement of fabric, procurement of accessories, warehouse, sampling department, company accounts, cost control and timely delivery of products to stores in Dhaka, Lahore and Karachi.
• Established and executed effective seasonal plans for product categories with desired margins and controlled discounts.
• Developed cost effective operations and processes and integrated activity with supply chain, retail, marketing, and designs.
• Successfully managed HR and administration of office and outsource production.
• Followed up with production team in Dhaka as well as visited to Dhaka to see productions and to discuss next season plans.
• Arranged export and import between Pakistan and Bangladesh.
• Delivered professional advice and supported to category analyst ensuring capacities matching raw materials planning and capacity level, introduced and implemented promotional activities aligned to achieve product lifecycle and team targets.
• Oversaw and managed administration of factory, in house production, production unit, timely arrangement of fabric, timely procurement of accessory, outsource production of ladies suits, fabric purchase, printing of bed linen items and production of jewellery, bags, ladies leather belts, home linen, furniture, jagging and knit tights.
• Rendered keen attention to details to deliver comprehensive monthly and quarterly reporting on business performance.
• Project monthly production and sales to ensure appropriate balance between strategic demands and supply, assess business indicators for sales, inventory and margin to understand business also device action plans to optimize business.
• Spearheaded a cross-functional team to forecast future demands and determine adequate plan for pricing, mark downs, and inventory, analyze feedback from retail team, and achieve targets to the stores based on inventory projections.
• Ensured appropriate in-stock positions of key products, with replenishment/reorder, managed replenishment based on stock performance and availability.
• Controlled purchase/sampling department for timely purchases and managed sourcing on lamps and decorating accessories.
• Created and executed highly interesting merchandising strategy and product assortment plan.
• Developed and implemented effective strategy for company brand and product pricing.
• Prepared, monitored, and managed budgets related to merchandising and marketing activities.
• Established and maintained effective working relationship with production, sales, and marketing teams.
• Resolved customer complaints in accordance with operational and human resource guidelines.