Enabling the Achievement of Full Business Potential through Comprehensive Finance &Taxation Leadership
I am a highly accomplished and resourceful Chartered Accountant with +10 years’ experience in overseeing finance, auditing, accounting, and taxation matters with deep insight of applicable accounting, tax and corporate laws. Successful in linking accounting and finance with general operations to provide hands-on financial leadership for strategic planning, business development and commercialization. Proven track record of developing customized financial strategies and solutions to meet the needs of clients and ability to diagnose and report issues to return organizations to economic stability.
Expertise in managing complex financial scenarios, international taxation and transfer pricing issues for multinational Chinese companies. Comprehensive experience in international financial reporting standards, auditing standards, in handling business financial matters, group financial reporting, data driven analysis. Strong exposure in managing General sales tax applicable in Pakistan which have same principals and compliance requirements as defined in VAT applicable in UAE. Perfect review of adequacy and effectiveness of the organization’s system of internal control. Possess great ability of taking initiatives that will enhance company performance, profitability and achievement of corporate goals.
My key skills includes Financial Statement Preparation || Risk Assessment/Mitigation || Strategic Planning & Analysis || Financial Portfolio Analysis || Process Improvement || CAPEX, Variance Analysis & Costing, Budgeting || Client/Vendor Negotiation || Corporate Financial Reporting || Cash Flow Forecasting - DCF Technique || Audit Quality Assurance || Team Leadership
My professional background and great industrial exposure coupled with an excellent track record makes me an ideal candidate for executive roles. As such I would welcome a discussion regarding opportunities with your organization that fit my background.
Performed duties under direct reporting to Senior managing Partner viz a viz to Project Director of the dedicated project/client Subsidiaries and branches of Multinational companies from fortune 500 companies.
· Administered all financial activities to facilitate leadership in key decision making of financial matters & corporate taxation; led transfer pricing issues, tax implications on international transactions and transactions with parent companies.
· Integral part of financial planning, decisions with respect to initial capital funding, best fit structures, long term and short-term financial planning including contract and transaction tax implications.
· Managed contract with respect to tax and corporate laws compliances; handled non-resident taxation issues and implication of tax treaties, onshore & offshore taxation issues.
· Rendered keen eye for details to prepare project planning and computation pre-tax ROI and POS tax ROI, led contract covering the finalization of commercial, financial and taxation terms.
· Ensured compliance with all engineering and constructions related laws, by-laws including Pakistan engineering council, Board of investment; managed routine affairs by utilizing valuable experience gained over professional life.
· Exercised hands-on approach and effective controls to finalize and review monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual financial statements in accordance with IFRS also ensure finalized group financial statements.
· Partnered with internal and external auditors for the annual audits and quarterly reviews. Reviewed Management Letter issued by auditors and gathering response from relevant departments for consolidation and submission to the auditors.
· Set up adequate systems of internal and accounting control and evaluated tax risk and monitoring internal policies and procedures to address the tax risk.
Manager Tax Advisory – Reporting to Partner Tax Advisory || July 2013 to June 2015
· Steered efforts towards tax Planning and tax concept papers for new/proposed investments, transaction-based taxation, tax opinions covering non-resident taxation, under multilateral tax treaties and current laws.
· Managed direct and indirect tax matters of the company including tax cases; computed annual tax liability for statutory audit purposes for all type of tax payers. SKU wise tax analysis and preparation of tax budgets.
Asst. Manager Internal Audit Reporting to Audit Manager and Audit partner
Sep 2012 to Jun 2013 || Sector: FMCG Sector, Dairy Sector
· Designed internal audit plans according to engagement work scope. Audit plan and audit methodology for project audit or audit of different areas; assessed overall business risk at segment level and project level.
· Evaluated internal controls to manage all potential risks; provided detailed guidance on the systems and procedures being reviewed, and monitor management's response and implementations.
· Generated internal audit report and presentation of report internal audit committee; carried out internal audit work for various transactional activities, also coordinated with department heads and managers for internal audit compliance.
· Produced Internal audit report comprising internal audit observation with reference to transactional trails; reviewed and reported on the accuracy, timeliness and relevance of the financial and other information that is provided for management.