Member of Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) Australia and Institute of Financial Accountants (IFA) United Kingdom with extensive experience in auditing, financial reporting, data analytics, Budgeting and forecasting, handling big data, financial analysis, SAP-ERP, implementation and evaluation of internal control systems and compilation of audit and management reports. Business process reviews and risk management experience gained by working in IIA- USA certified department of public enterprises having notable international rankings.
Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, with an ability to make well thought out decisions and have excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to interpret and communicate financial data to non-financial colleagues.
In free time, I work as a freelance financial consultant where I provide financial services to various start-ups in preparing their pitch decks, financial models and business plans and has successfully helped various international start-ups get their seed money investment and funding from investors.
Extensive experience in business process auditing (Planning, Execution and Reporting) and risk assessment by successfully completing below assignments at Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) and Pak Telecom Mobile Limited (Ufone)
* Corporate Revenue
· Adherence to International Financial Reporting Standards under which revenue has been presented & disclosed in financial statements and consistency of related accounting policies;
· Review that the controls existed and working effectively for financial booking and reporting of monthly revenue including but not limited to the revenue streams of Post-paid, Prepaid, Interconnect, International Roaming, Call centers and Miscellaneous revenue
· Ensure that tax implication has been properly catered while booking of Revenue where applicable
· Ensure that revenue has been billed accordingly and recorded in correct periods
· Review tenders data and feasibility reports and analyzed orders lost and their reasons as well as calculation of potential annual revenue loss
* Inventory Management and Warehouse
· Adequacy and effectiveness of inventory and warehouse management policies and procedures;
· Optimization and adequacy of inventory levels to ensure availability for business operations;
· Effectiveness of controls on management and safeguard of assets/ inventory in warehousing;
* Credit Management
· Review of policies and procedures in place for corporate credit management
· Review of corporate debts, their timelines and provision policies
· Adequacy of controls over credit management and their effectiveness such as timely identification of bad debts
· Review of outstanding debts and their reporting in financial statements along with reasons for any deviations
* Fixed Assets
· Capitalization of network, non-network assets and intangibles
· Disposals of network, non-network assets and intangibles
· Depreciation/amortization and impairment charged during the period
· Policies and procedures for procurement and respective departmental structure
· Vendor relationship management and vendor registration process
· Review of total procurement and their approvals as per Delegation of Powers (DoP)
· Adequacy and effectiveness of controls over procurement process and review of any special cases raised during the period
* Environmental Health & Safety
· EHS Governance
· Emergency preparedness and response
· Hazard identification and control & Incident reporting
* Marketing Research & Customer Value Management
· Adequacy and effectiveness of marketing research process including objective setting, vendor engagement, analyzing the results/ dissemination to support business decisions;
· Adequacy and effectiveness of Customer Value Management
· Management reporting
* Corporate Culture
· Review overall organizational structure in place
· Surveys regarding employees behavior and managements approach towards communication and management of their respective teams
· Role of managers and their associates in decision making
· Evaluation of results and reporting on judgments basis about prevailing organizational culture
* Quality Assurance
· Reviewed various audit assignments completed by audit teams during the year and checked their quality and adherence to internal audit manual as well as their relevance and completeness as per IIA principles
* Special Assignments
· Investigations and surveys related to different complains received by audit department from time to time including but not limited to;
- Potential non billing of revenue, inventory embezzlement, ghost employees, cash payment of salaries, ghost connections to complete monthly targets etc
* Follow up of Audit Observations
· Compilation and tracking of audit observations
· Communication with respective departments
· Periodic reporting/ presentation of actionable items
PTCL (A subsidiary of Etisalat Group) Financial Management & Reporting, Budgeting
* Administered account transactions and responded to customer inquiries concerning financial products.
* Enforced internal controls, workflows and policies for tracking, reconciling and reporting on accounting activities.
* Reviewed historical records, current operational data and forecasting information to identify and capitalize on system enhancement opportunities.
* Performed routine closings, maintained clean, accurate and accessible records and kept close eye on transaction updates throughout each quarter.
* Prepared and agreed operational budget and oversaw its loading and release in SAP and evaluated any variances
* Prepared capital budget and reviewed projects including their expected costs, NPVs, payback periods and IRRs and their budgets and respective capitalization of fixed assets over time, also reviewed and incorporated any changes in the budgets into original budgets
Worked as external audit team member and have been part of audit engagements like audit of Jadeed Feed Pvt Limited, Jadeed Farms Pvt Limited, NGOs and learned about preparation of financial statements and managing acounts as well as audit working papers.
Worked as External Audit team member on audit assignments of Jadeed Farms (Pvt) Limited, Jadeed Poultry (Pvt) Limited, Jadeed Feed (Pvt) Limited and some NGOs.
Coordinated, managed and implemented projects for auditor and examiner evaluations.
Analyzed accounting systems for efficiency and effectiveness.
Prepared working papers, reports and supporting documentation for audit findings.
Developed auditing program to address risks and evaluate regulatory requirements.
Completed audit papers by thoroughly documenting audit tests and findings.
Performed strategic planning, execution and finalization of audits.
Facilitated financial and operational audits, working with internal and external managers to communicate recommendations or issues surrounding audits.