I am an accomplished C-Level Finance Executive with over 10 years’ experience in finance and audit roles, overseeing global finance operations, and delivering cost transformation programs for various companies. I am a highly skilled and results-driven CFO with a proven record delivering complex accounting and finance services, creating growth plans, making financial forecasts and attaining financial goals. I am an accomplished leader, combine a customer-focused and operational mind-set with rigorous financial management to maximize revenue, profitability, and shareholder value. Improve strategies and actions with an aptitude to streamline operations that increase efficiency and bottom-line profits. I have completed Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan.
Currently accountable as Group Finance Manager at Ithaca Capital (Private) Limited — I hold the responsibility for interfacing with executive leaders across multiple departments to build consensus and initiate productive change. I possess multiple skills covering many accounting areas such as cost control principals, ledger analysis, financial reports, budgeting, auditing practices, and economic regulations. Track record of success in providing leadership, strategic/tactical direction, and planning input on all business process initiatives achieving requirements and objectives across multiple disciplines and cultures. Having advanced through a number of specialized roles, you will quickly note the strength and scope of my abilities upon reviewing my resume.
A few highlights of my strong qualifications include the following:
• A strong and positive leader who provides clear direction in empowering teams to develop and implement the strategies and actions necessary to achieve desired goals.
• A trusted, “hands-on” business partner with a demonstrated record of developing financial and operational solutions to support the business’ strategic objectives.
Strategically positioned as a Chief Financial Officer and directed various functions, such as financial, accounting, commercial, treasury, and financial risk management, MIS & budgets, business expansion, systems development, human resource management & development, marketing, and procurement while reporting to Managing director.
• Render a keen eye for detail to evaluate revenue and profitability of daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting cycle and direct fiscal reporting activities, including revenue/expense and balance sheet reports.
• Function in close collaboration with accounts team for monthly financial closings and management reporting, producing business & financial reviews and board meetings, and carrying out operational excellence program.
• Established culture within the department that strives for excellence and continuous improvement. Encouraged and empowered team to find root cause for errors and liaised with departments to change policies.
• Initiated effective systems and controls for documentation and validation of financial procedures and internal controls and facilitated process of approval of case to customers while examining effect on company.
• Formulated rolling forecasts for divisional follow-up, target setting, monitoring, and control and deliver periodical and ad-hoc reports to management and key decision makers on financial, operational, and key performance issues.
• Represented board in the monthly/ quarterly company review meetings with the management and assured effective revenue, costs monitoring, and controlling based on direction by management.
Headed the responsibility for supervising finance and HR functions and generating financial and management accounts in accordance with international accounting standards, financial policies and statutory requirements.
• Reorganized the finance and accounting functions and steered preparation and presentation of the annual budgeting process in accordance with company’s policy, guidelines, and schedules.
• Formulated company’s cost reduction plan in products and HR, revised treasury plan for payments for daily basis, and assessed supply chain issues to guarantee implementation of plan established for procurement.
• Spearheaded personnel of finance department to contribute effectively towards timely and reliable financial reporting for decision making.
• Designed and executed financial strategies, policies, plans, systems, and procedures to achieve finance department objectives through the leadership of the finance staff and maximize departmental performance.
• Competently identified and evaluated areas for improvement of profit with particular regard to cost reductions and methodology, and keep a close eye on each product price to maximize profits.
• Initiated adequate and effective systems with the support of IT department and software providers to address the business needs and assure IT and systems needs of finance department.
• Administered and revised external audits in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards and local regulations by the companies.
• Performed substantive and analytical procedures for audit to determine the reasonableness of the financial statements’ assertions.
• Communicated audit progress and findings in status meetings, highlighting unresolved issues, revising working papers and delivering advisory and value added services in various aspects of business and training of audit staff.
• Assessed risks, internal controls, and manual and automated organizational processes by identifying areas of non-compliance, process weaknesses, and inefficiencies, and suggesting improvements.
• Generated all deliverables, including separate and consolidated financial statements, management letters, external and internal audit reports and other deliverables.
• Actively liaised with key client’s management to gather information, identify and resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.