I am a highly motivated and results-oriented Professional who brings along over 14 years of hallmark career in audit, compliance, accounting, finance, taxation, administration and procurement functions for both government and private organizations. I am well versed in leading the preparation and analysis of financial reports, budgets, and forecasts while maintaining accounting goals. Proficient in robust financial reporting, strategic business management advice, and developing various financial plans. Skilled in completing audit assignments within time, budget, and schedule while handling multiple tasks. Well versed with modern accounting systems with proven skills in providing consultancy to company in the area of statutory compliances. Proven record of developing and implementing financial and operational controls that improve position of businesses. Highly expertise in risk assessment, documentation, and reporting along with deploying enhancement measures to maximize efficiency for optimum productivity, while meeting business objectives and vision.
My key skills include Financial Analysis & Projections, Strategic & Operational Risk Assessment, Taxation, Budgeting & Planning, Accounting & Reporting Policies, Payroll Management, Financial Statements, Auditing and compliance, Administration, SAP, Problem Identification & Resolution, Communication Skills and MS Office.
I was engaged with Plan International Pakistan, as an Internal Control Officer, where I organized audit reports for country management and ensured agreed actions have been reviewed and implemented by all key stakeholders and sign off.
Presently, I have association as a Senior Compliance Officer with Trust for Democratic Education and Accountability- TDEA/FAFEN where major work responsibilities include ensure compliance with Govt. statuary regulations, USAID rules and regulations and TDEA policies and procedures. Acts as a focal person of code of ethics as well as do investigation of inquiries.
• Ensure compliance with TDEA policies and procedures as well as Government rules and regulations.
• Ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations contained in the ADS, FRA, AIDAR and CFR etc.
• Ensure compliance regarding time-lines of donor reports whether in time and also its filing.
• Ensure in USAID budget, control of budgetary status and budget delivery levels, and also monitor subcontractor / grantee budget and spending.
• Supervision of compliance reports against the provisions of contract between USAID, TDEA, Subcontractors and grantees as required.
• Finalize results of substantive tests of key transactions such as procurement, selected recruitment actions, payroll and taxation, disbursement to sub grantees and reimbursements to subcontractors and suggest corrective action
• Lead proactive initiatives for awareness about and prevention of fraud, waste of abuses, conflict of interest and implementation of TDEA’s code of ethics and USAID Trafficking policies through capacity building training of staff.
• Lead and conduct investigation assignments assigned by management.
• Provide periodic and special reports for compliance related activities on monthly, semiannually and annual basis.
• Undertook risk-based internal control and audit assignments for financial, administrative, HR and programmatic aspects of projects within Plan International Pakistan various departments & its fifty implementing partners.
• Successfully organized audit reports for country management and ensured agreed actions have been reviewed and implemented by all key stakeholders and sign off.
• Ensured formal follow ups of agreed actions for strengthening Plan International Pakistan and its implementing partner’s systems and processes as well as all external audits of the organization have been completed smoothly and successfully.
• Led capacity building workshops on policy developments in Admin and Finance policies and share experience of internal controls findings.
• Functioned in close coordination with Manager in Planning and execution of annual audit plan.
• Delivered capacity building at intra and extra departmental level through training, discussions.
• Functioned as “Counter Fraud Associate” member of “Counter Fraud Unit” established at International Headquarter of Plan International.
• Successful preparation of “Charter” of Internal Control Department”.
• Attained outstanding performance in my last two annual performance appraisals of FY17 & FY18.
• Revision of Petty Cash software with the help of ICT department to align with SAP- Software.
• Revised financial information and highlighted business’s performance on a periodic basis to determine level of compliance with relevant statutes, rules, procedures, policies, and regulations.
• Efficiently organized and submitted budget/forecasts exercise within timelines as well as delivered explanation on deviation from plan to facilitate management in creating financial reports to evaluate performance.
• Ensured all financial transactions and processes conform to Plan Pakistan policies as well as EU guidelines.
• Functioned in close coordination with internal and external auditors, suppliers, banks and Tax department.
• Reviewed financial records and income statements to determine forms as well as complete tax returns. Appraised income tax returns for accrual purposes and tax practices in the preparation of an impending tax audit.
• Structured and streamlined day-to-day operations resulting in more accurate and timely financial information used in monthly financial reporting package.
• Conducted regular financial verification of implementing partners with follow ups on areas identified for improvement.
• Reconciliation of various accounts such as partners, banks, cash and funds accounts, supplier’s accounts and inventory accounts to the general ledgers.
• Organized financial reports on donor specific formats.
• Achieved a budget of approximately of four million euros (€) as well as handling expenditure for 4 different organizations.
• Awarded service appreciation award for excellent performance.
• Organized district annual budget, review of budget bi- annually and make re- appropriation of budget as well as reviewed of budget variance analysis and expenditure forecasts and share it with HO for onward decision making.
• Reconciled monthly financial schedules in accordance with financial data available in organization’s financial software (FICS) and send it to HO for data compilation.
• Managed monthly payroll of office staff and community payments also dealing of inventory management, event management, and office administration in district as well as two tehsil offices.
• Administered financial disbursements and ensured all financial transactions and processes conform to NCHD policies and procedures.
• Liaised with internal/ external and project auditors, suppliers, financial institutions and Tax as well as other Government departments.
• Accomplished procurement of offices, logistics and supplies as per NCHD policies.
• Successful launching of regular wages disbursement of 2500 teachers in education program & wages distribution of 350 staff in Health Program and staff of two Tehsil offices through Financial Institution ( Tameer Micro Finance Bank) to branches banking (Easy Paisa) by Telenor in community to reduce the time & cost for the beneficiaries payment.
• Successfully prepared annual budget of institute, review of budget quarterly and take re- appropriation of budget also organized budget variance analysis and expenditure forecasts and share it with HO for onward decision making.
• Maintained petty cash account for daily transactions according to Institute’s policies as well as reconciled bank, cash, suppliers, inventory ledgers.
• Held accountable to process payments, disbursements of staff salaries, trainee scholarships and suppliers etc.
• Established and maintained fixed asset register and store register of different departments.
• Accomplished monthly closing of financial records in accounting software.
• Dealing of administrative functions, logistics management and procurement/inventory management for different departments of institute.
• Succeeded the complete hiring process for providing required workforce to the company through effective measures of recruitment and selection based on behavioral interviewing techniques & methods.
• Established employee relationship including grievance handling, separation & final settlement, appreciation payments, advance salaries, medical claims and provident fund.
• Controlled staff in the areas of organizational structure, compensation, employee database maintenance, monthly payroll, employee’s files and HR filing system.