I am a highly motivated and results-oriented Agriculture/Horticulture Expert who brings along 29 years of experience in Agriculture, Horticulture, Fruit, Vegetable, Natural Resource Management, Development sector and Corporate Sector. I am highly skilled in developing and delivering capacity building training and need assessment in each city, with local implementing partners, including of community-based organizations, non-government and mass organizations. Proven track-record of formulating sustainability plans for institutional and economic sustainability for community-led livelihood projects. I have completed Master Degree Horticulture/Agriculture from University of Agriculture and B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture from University of Agriculture, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Peshawar.
My key skills include production management, operational excellence, project controllership, climate resilience activities, natural resources management, agriculture production processes, slope agriculture land technology, energy saving, community budget controlling & cost reduction, stakeholders coordination, team leadership & trainings and cross-functional skills
I am currently engaged with World Vegetable Centre, Islamabad, as Project Site Coordinator, where I am responsible for organizing and spearheading project coordination committee meetings to assess and augment progress and ensured timely implementation of project activities. Attached is my resume which showcases my progressive experience and successful track record for leading successful initiatives. My professional background and great industrial exposure coupled with an excellent track record makes me an ideal candidate for executive roles. As such, I would welcome a discussion regarding opportunities with your organization that fit my background.
• To coordinate the implementation of food security and livelihood projects/interventions.
• To facilitate the community Mobilization, Meetings and Trainings during community Led FSL activities.
• To conduct the capacity building trainings for communities on Kitchen gardening, agriculture and livestock management.
• Ensure that project activities and outputs are implemented in a timely manner.
• Ensure the close coordination with the VDMCs / UDMCs members in the targeted area.
• To technically mentor and supervise to filed team.
• Ensure high quality reports are submitted in a timely manner and work closely with the PM and DPM to ensure reports meet donor requirements.
• Plan the FSL/ Livelihood activities based on proposals and plans.
• Ensure adherence to Organization policies and donor requirements.
• Involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities.
• Break down the annual operational plans into weekly, monthly and quarterly implementation plans.
• Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents as required to document the project implementation.
• To supervise and train the FSL team on efficient planning, coordination, implementation and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of the project activities.
• To plan and follow the activities of the project with the team such as field assessments, market price monitoring, and distribution of livelihood inputs (agricultural seeds & tools), implementation of trainings.
• To carry out any additional study or task assigned by the supervisor
Built collaborative rapport and resilient partnerships between implementing partners i.e. National Agricultural Research Centre (NARC) PARC, Pakistan, the Institute of Soil & Environmental Science (ISES) University of Agriculture, Faisalabad, and World Vegetable Centre, Nuclear Institute for Agriculture & Biology (NIAB), Arid Zone Research Institute (AZRI) & World Vegetable Centre domain partners.
Organized and spearheaded project coordination committee meetings to assess and augment progress, ensured timely implementation of project activities as well as monitored data collection, interpretation of the results of experimental trials and value chain. Submitted bi-monthly, bi-yearly, and annual progress reports, minutes writing, project updating through interim reports. Ensured Mungbean production and adaptation contributing to reduce poverty, food security and improving livelihoods.
• Rendered social services and facilitated midterm & final evaluation, extensively coordinated and active participated in stakeholders meetings like Mungbean Learning Alliance, Project Coordination Committee Meetings, trainings, and workshops.
• Played advisory role for area specific climate resilience varieties at different agro-ecological zones of Pakistan special emphases on pulses (Mungbean). Enhanced seed production capacity for the small farmers to improve livelihood situation.
• Delivered sterling support to researchers and farmers to develop climate change resilience varieties of Mungbean in project domain targeted regions. Built farmers capacity in soil improvement through trainings and field days.
• Built synergy with University of Agriculture Faisalabad and other stakeholders to improve Mungbean production system through application of Rhizobium in salt affected soil conditions of Pakistan.
Strategized and aligned all available resources in the existing farming system for promoting & encouraging subsistence agriculture for enhanced production per unit of land, also adopted and utilized traditional farming techniques for basic food, fruits, vegetables, and fodder.
Demonstrated keen attention to the details to conduct baseline survey in Laspur & Yarkhun valleys of Chitral identified number of households, practicing climate change adaptive farming and ensured food security in producing stable crops.
• Utilized well-rounded analytical skills to interview collect and compile data on crop pattern and annual crop rotation system for cereal, fruits, vegetable and fodder crops in rain-fed & irrigated areas.
• Exercised hands-on approach and effective controls to generate inventory list for inputs requirement, machine work via labor engagement, determining the ecological impact of the work in the areas.
• Initiated adequate systems and various incentive schemes to transform conventional subsistence farms into farms which consider ecological constraints and requirements (“organic farms”).
Studied existing cropping systems and processes, generated compilation of data, submission of report and participation in a validation workshop to finalize findings with intention to plan next projects creating resilience livelihood opportunities for target communities.
Collated information regarding reasons behind large scale conversion of land, agro- forestry, and terrestrial land into barren lands, disappearance of aquatic species, bird species, and change of route of birds’ species.
• Expertly performed duties as a strategic overlay to carry out consultancy services in main cities of Pakistan like Sialkot, Gujarat, and Mianwali in Punjab along with handled landslides and soil erosion measures.
• Organized meetings and group discussion with selected communities and interviewed while filling questionnaires.
• Proved instrumental to optimize effect of chemical fertilizers and pesticides on invasive species of birds and plants.
Developed harmony between private and public sectors like KPK and FATA secretariats, Agri-Research Institute Tarnab, NIFA, the universities, CBOs, linkages between Inter-cooperation (IC) & Sustainable Plain Development Programme (SPDP), and other stakeholders.
Documented knowledge management practices and success stories, involved in backstopping of projects in agriculture and livestock sectors. Established Learning Region in FR Peshawar as well as conducted TVET /NRM activities in targeted communities
• Accomplished 54 Community Development Prospects (CDPs) workshops with 54 CBOs in FATA Pakistan. Introduced the communities with line departments for financial and technical assistance.
• Worked on value chain process including training on best agriculture practices, IPM, post-harvest handlings of fruit and vegetable, creating market demand. Facilitated partners to develop training modules in accordance with the FATA community.
• Designed training manuals and reference materials for farmers’ trainings through meetings and discussion on training methodology with the trainers (Resource Persons). Developed livelihood opportunities in education, health and in natural resources management.
Arranged trainings for men and women on kitchen gardening, livestock & poultry rearing techniques, value addition, bee keeping and honey production techniques, and adoption of post- harvest techniques suitable for fruit/vegetable processing essential for livelihoods.
Built up strong coordination with district administration, government line departments, NGOs and farming communities to run regular plantation campaigns, established regular fruit/tree orchards, fruit, & vegetable nurseries as enterprises for men & women including fast growing plant species for food, timber, firewood, and fodder. Formulated budgets, plans, out sourced input suppliers and implemented the activities in target areas of Chitral Pakistan.
• Steered Social forestry & farm forestry activities like promoting conservation of land, biodiversity, and ecosystem. Arranged women trainings in bee keeping and honey production with provision of tool kits and provision of bee rearing boxes.
• Promoted low-input high value yielding crops, quality seeds, & fast growing plants/trees species, plantation fruit/trees on slopes, contours, & marginal lands for additional income.
Integral part in PRA and CBO workshops in Shangla and Kohistan to prioritize the potential interventions of their livelihood support, compiled technical and social data for analysis, organized to every farmer diffusion & farmer exchange meetings for information and awareness.
Established and designed model fruit orchards for high valued fruit and forest plants,, vegetable, and forest nurseries. Conducted trainings through field days and market exposure visits and trainings in marketing improved techniques, bee keeping management practices. Promoted high value off-season vegetable crops and cooperated for Farmer Field Schools.
• Promoted fodder crops like Mott Grass, Sadabahar etc., proved economical for conservation and food security reasons. Analyzed & prioritized potential areas for re-seeding in range lands to feed the livestock.
• Applied slope agriculture land technology (SALT), studied cropping pattern, crop rotation, indigenous knowledge, and indigenous native species well acclimatized, and have adoptability characteristics in local environment.
• Transferred advisory roles regarding intercropping, compost making, demonstration of hay and silage, fodder promotion and marketing. Supported in formation of bee keepers associations.
• Delivered sterling support, trainings, and practical demonstration regarding best agricultural practices on need basis.
Upheld superior level of expertise and methodically facilitate project implementing partners to conduct trainings to enhance the income of the urban communities in Besham and Shangla districts of KPK who suffered due to earthquakes.
Managed community in construction power generators, reservoirs, water mills and suspension footbridges for better livelihoods. Supervised loading unloading processes during distribution of basic inputs like seeds, fertilizers, and machineries to the needy and earthquake affected people based on need assessments in the disastrous areas. Established demonstration plots, forming & strengthening CBOs & forming water user associations (WUAs) to cope with water scarcity issues.
• Managed and executed all aspect of the work including formation of Project Implementation Committees (PICs) and Water User Associations for construction and rehabilitation of irrigation channels.
• Facilitated Master Trainers in Agriculture to select model farmers to improve cultural practices like seed bed preparation, sowing, weeding, irrigation, pest management, proper input application, harvesting, and storage.