Hard-working and proactive engineering professional having more than seven year experience in chemical plant design, operations/production also having managerial experience of Pakistans largest public sector gas utility company.
Total Professional Experience 7.5 year
1. Engineer UFG-C Ops at SNGPL, Fsd Pak. (2016-2019) 2.5 year
2. Operations Executive at LWMC, Lhr Pak. (2015-2016) 1.5 year
3. Trainee Engineer at Alpha Chemicals, Kasur. (2011-2014) 3.5 year
4 Internship at Shafi Reso Chem Lahore. 1 month
SUI NORTHERN GAS PIPELINES LIMITED (SNGPL), PAKISTAN
Engineer-UFG-Control (Gas losses) Ops
(8th December 2016 – 8th February 2019)
I had been working in SNGPL’s UFG-Control domestic section. This section is responsible of preventing, controlling and rectifying natural gas leakages from gas networks. I am directly reporting to departmental head of i.e., Sr. Engineer UFG-C. There are total ten (10) teams dedicated to perform different UFG-C vigilance and operational tasks. The teams I lead comprise of more than seventy (50) employees, ranging from skilled supervisors, fitters, helpers to un-skilled labor.
Further job description and achievements are elaborated below:
• To lead the teams performing duties against rectification of leakages (identified through various techniques including catholic protection) in transmission and distribution gas network (underground and above ground) in Faisalabad region spread on 100s of kilometers. Achieved all monthly, quarterly and yearly targets set by management.
• To lead the teams working for identification and replacement of slow/ sticky/damaged and broken domestic gas meters. Achieved 100% target set by management in fiscal years 2017 & 2018. The number of replaced domestic gas meter attained in one year reached 25,000 per year for each i.e. 2017 and 2018.
• To prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly reports pertaining to key performing indicators (KPI) and the status of ongoing operations of the department.
• To prepare the response of UFGC-Domestic section against discrepancies or observations raised by external and internal auditors. Successfully defended audit observations raised against UFG-C domestic section pertaining to fiscal years 2016, 2017 and 2018.
• Conducting weekly HSE talks and submitting Safe working men hours (SWMH) on monthly basis.
LAHORE WASTE MANAGEMENT COMPANY (LWMC), PAKISTAN
Operations Executive-Waste to Energy (WtE)
(6th July 2015- Nov.-2016)
I had worked in company’s Waste to Energy (WtE) department as Executive Operations (WtE) and reporting to General Manager (WtE). This department is responsible of all the plants/on-going projects/facilities which had been installed to recover energy and earn revenue from Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) and/or Green organic waste.
The facilities that I assisted and coordinated in Development, O&M, M&E and included:
• Monitoring of Composting Plant (with installed capacity of handling 1000 TPD Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) and Production of 300 TPD compost) under Public private partnership initiative.
• Part of the WtE team of LWMC facilitating American consultant firm M/S Eco Air Pvt Ltd that was conducting feasibility study of 30 MW (WtE) project based on Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) as fuel and Circulating fluidized bed gasifier (CFBC) technology
• Installation of medium scale Bio-Gas Plants (1 TPD feedstock capacity and 200 m3 bio-gas output) based on Anaerobic Baffled Reactor (ABR) technology through M/s Maxrite contractor on DBOT basis for three villages, having population more than 1000 personnel each, on outskirts of Lahore and Dunyapur cities Pakistan.
• Determination of landfill gas (LFG) potential, capture and utilization along-with Turkish consultant team of M/s ISTAAC. (Lakhodair Landfill site developed by LWMC and controlled Mehmood Booti dumpsite operated by LWMC).
• Complete coordination with consultant M/s Carbon Services Pvt Ltd for registration of Lakhodair Landfill gas (LFG) capture and utilization (CDM) project with UNFCC under Kyoto protocol.
ALPHA CHEMICALS (PVT) LTD, KASUR, PAKISTAN
Assistant Manager (Production)
(27thSept.2011 to 30th Dec 2014)
Alpha Chemicals Pvt Limited is producer of Ephedrine HCL, Pseudoephedrine HCL and Ephedrine Sulphate with 5 ton/month capacity each. I had worked in Alpha Chemicals Pvt Ltd for more three years. I had been inducted as Trainee Engineer (Chemical) and then promoted as Assistant Manager (Production). Following are some highlights from my tenure in Alpha Chemical Pvt Ltd.
As Graduate Trainee Engineer (Chemical) I accomplished following tasks:
• Line tracing of Ephedrine-HCl plant (5000 Kg/month) with utilities that is Boiler, Air compressor, Cooling towers and heat exchangers.
• Understanding of Plant specific Unit Operations i.e., Fermentation, Liquid-Liquid Extraction, Hydrogenation, Hydro-chlorination and Drying.
• Complete plant layout description with the help of Aspen Hysis.
• Plant material and energy balance of Fermenter, L.L.E. (Plate Column) and Evaporator (Falling film) and hydrogenation section.
• Preliminary HAZOP and Risk assessment Study of Hydrogenation section.
• Recommendations regarding SOPs modification and development.
As Assistant Manager (Production) I worked in general shift. Following were my job responsibilities and achievements:
• To manage overall production process of Ephedrine HCL Plant and writing plant logbook at the end of general shift.
• Handling plant labor (50 in number with 3 plant supervisors/In-charges) and giving them instructions as per technical SOPs of different plant sections and upper management’s guidelines.
• To solve and troubleshoot technological problems arising in different plant sections.
• Prepare and compile production reports.
• Physical checking of reports prepares by section in charges/supervisors.
• Control over wastage and prepare daily wastage report during the production process.
• Receive demand plan from sales department.