An experienced professional willing to apply his knowledge and diverse experience in a challenging environment.My ACCA Qualification coupled with a valuable audit and assurance experience at KPMG enhanced my ability to manage the complete accounting and finance function of a newly established business in UAE which further enriched me with knowledge of practical business and strategic decision making.I was leading a team of five, as a Supervisory Associate providing Finance and Accounts Outsourcing services to a number of US based clients at Arthur Lawrence. I have also been part of Finance Department of a medium sized pipe manufacturing company ZAKA SONS for a brief period of time.
Currently, I am working as an Assistant Manager Accounts at Denim Prive (Kassim Pvt Ltd.) an export based apparel manufacturing organization.Looking to join a company that offers long term career prospects and benefits.
Kassim Textiles is one of the leading manufacturer and exporter of Denim Textile and Garments. My responsibilities include,
- Analysis of fabric usage and production reports in coordination with marketing department to effectively derive the bugeted cost of an export order.
- Review of fabric, garments and other raw material reconciliations to identify wastage and rejections, which effects the profitability of an article.
- Close coordination with IE department to carry out detailed calculation of labour cost of each article produced.
- Effectively replaced old costing methods with process costing, which in turn helped Management in making informed decisions regarding profitability and efficiency of production lines.
- Periodic calculation, evaluation and reporting of customer wise and product wise profitability using Process Costing, to Chief Operating Officer.
- Supervising quarterly closing procedures, to ensure accuracy in Accruals and Provisions.
- Preparation and presentation of Financial Statements (Quarterly, Half Yearly and Yearly)
- Reconciliation of Costing Projections, Product Wise Profitability Analysis and Management Reports to Financial Statements on a Quarterly Basis.
Manufacturer of plastic pipes and fittings specialized in PVC, CPVC and PE pipes and fittings. The products are for diverse applications in agriculture, housing, telecom, construction and industries.
My responsibilities included,
Accounting and Finance
- Assist in the analysis and reconciliation of financial activity recorded to the general ledger in a timely manner to facilitate monthly and quarterly financial reporting. - Participate in the preparation of management suppliers to ensure efficient and cost-effective import of raw materials and machinery.
- Overview and reporting of taxes and custom duty applicable on imported products to assist in the estimation of costs related to the materials, for budgeting and control.
- Managing funds in case of urgent shortfall through coordination with corporate customers, banks and analysis of expenses.
- Review of daily transactions and bank reconciliations to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Assisting Deputy Manager Finance in matters related to ERP implementation and designing of internal control procedures.reporting deliverables. - Provide support and information to the third-party service providers who prepare the applicable Sales Tax returns. - Review financial activity on a routine basis for overall reasonableness and accuracy. - Participate in various department-wide goals, as assigned.
- Coordination with Banks for LC issuance, retirement and discussing terms of different shipments.
- Regular coordination and correspondence with foreign
A management and technology consulting firm providing enterprise-wide business transformation and business applications implementation services.
Working as a Supervisory Associate at BPO Finance and accounting services of the firm have brought in-depth knowledge of the accounts payable function of various businesses which includes Health Care, Pharmaceutical, Dental, Car Spa, Auto Services and Spare Parts, etc.
As a Business Unit Lead, leading a team of 5 members, my responsibilities included but not limited to;
Accounts Payable – Business Unit Lead
Verification of invoices via three-way matching.
Review of books, to ensure accurate recording by team members.
Coordination with Onshore Team (USA) to resolve management queries.
Scheduling payments to vendors as per the cash flow forecast.
Weekly review of Accounts Payable (Aging and Vendor Statements), to ensure vendors are paid timely.
Daily Fund Management of the Businesses in US.
Review of daily deficits/surplus of the businesses.
Preparing cash flow forecasts of all the businesses.
Review and coordination of daily banking transactions and processes.
Reporting and Analysis
Monthly closing of books for dividend declaration and financial reporting.
Monthly preparation of Management Reports used for core decision making at corporate level.
Acting as a liaison to external auditors providing key analytical support and ensuring implementation of adjustments to be made in the books of accounts.
Assisting Internal Auditors in Monitoring and Control of services provided to different businesses.
A wholesale and distribution business of household items established in 2013. The business trades in kitchen items (utensils and appliances), household items (furniture, gadgets, electrical items etc.) and provides sales and distribution services to different household brands of UAE. As the business was newly established, incorporation/registration, visa issuance and coordination with company sponsor was part of my responsibilities.
Managing Finance and Accounts
Implementation of a complete system of accounting and finance
Quick Books accounting was implemented and used as a complete system for the business.
Managing Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Treasury and investor relations.
Reporting and Analysis
Profit forecasts, Cash Flow forecasts, Working capital Analysis.
Based on the above forecasts and analysis a monthly management report was prepared for the investors and company directors.
Detailed interpretation of the financial facts and figures were presented to the directors on half yearly basis.
Coordination and communication with clearing agents for Import, Export and GCC trade activities.
Product costing of imported goods, local purchases and goods acquired under distribution agreement.
My experience at the Audit and Assurance Department of the firm has enabled me to develop an understanding of regulatory environment of diversified industries, key business processes, the accounting and internal control systems of several organizations.
I was part of audit and review teams for the following companies,
1) Dystar Pakistan PVT Ltd. (Textile Auxiliaries and Colorants)
2) Mondelez Pakistan Ltd. formerly Kraft Foods Inc./Cadbury Pakistan Limited (FMCGS)
3) Meezan Bank Limited (Banking Sector)
4) Cresox Private limited (Textile Manufacturing)
5) Silk Bank Limited (Banking Sector)