I am a highly dedicated and accomplished professional with extensive experience spearheading various projects and programs at USAID, AUSAID, EU, DFID, CIDA, United Nations, World Bank, ADB, OECF, and Government of Pakistan. Skilled in contract administration, project/program management, procurement, risk management, research and development, climate change, MIS, database management, governance, IT, advocacy, LFA, logistics, finance, and budgeting. Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods; establish short and long-term program objectives and ensure team members meet them. Expert in monitoring frame work and ensuring effective execution by program team. Track record of creating and leading strong teams focused on delivering successful results.
My key skills include Rapid Urban & Climate Change Assessment, Project/Program Planning & Supervision, Disaster Risk Reduction/Management, Strategic Planning & Analysis, Monitoring & Evaluation, City Development Strategy Finalization, Partnership Building & Management, Community Management & Administration, Effective Communication and Performance Management
My professional background and great industrial exposure coupled with an excellent track record makes me an ideal candidate for executive roles. As such, I would welcome a discussion regarding opportunities with your organization that fit my background.
Developed and delivered valuable frameworks for socio-economic and climate-resilient development approaches, while promoting concepts of competitive cities, green cities, and inclusive city development.Generated, revised, and submitted interim/final report and draft city development concepts at the mid-point of the phase to incorporate draft city development plans. Examined city capability in terms of urban infrastructure and service delivery, operations and maintenance, financial management, procurement, transparency, and governance via close collaboration with the Urban Institutional Specialist. Actively contributed in FGDs, workshops, and other stakeholder discussions in generating inception, interim, draft, and final reports during strategy formulation. Created and delivered an inception report to summarize results of the initial assessment during initial phases. Spearheaded parallel initiatives, particularly the climate risk and vulnerability assessments to incorporate mitigation in the development planning process. Established draft city strategies by the initial diagnostics phase, including detailed evaluation of themed development options for each city. Recognized overall physical systems and non-physical interventions to reduce climate change impacts to vulnerable communities within each city.Key Accomplishments· Built synergies with the team members to design integrated city development strategies for Sialkot and Sahiwal while overseeing proposed urban climate change resilience trust fund activities.· Steered identification and analysis of the socioeconomic context, primary economic growth drivers, city competitiveness enablers, and initial analysis of climate change impacts on assets, growth areas and vulnerable communities.· Optimized stakeholder participation and engagement through focus group discussions and mini-workshops with stakeholders by creating iterative process and city development strategy.· Played an integral
Played an integral role in creating programs and projects, including proposal writing, logical framework matrices development, budgets, risk assessment and mitigation & work plans.
Challenged with overall responsibility for executing FIDIC contract administration, sub-contracting, documentation management, commercial, contract pricing/amendments, and extension of time claims. Delivered weekly progress reports to National Program Manager regarding progress of work while coordinating with local communities, authorities, and organizations in the field. Trained, scheduled, and guided project members and field teams to devise planned activities while working with team leaders. Examined and interpreted data while using statistical software, data collection methods, tools, and techniques. Coordinated with the project team to determine strategic direction of the project in the short, medium, and long-term activities. Carried out contextual analysis of project area, beneficiaries, theme, applicability, and relevance. Cooperated with the regional teams to establish monitoring and reporting of activities at the district level. Generated and issued all contracts, claims, variations, cost, planning, and document control reports while following project coordination procedure. Produced study purpose, objectives, and research plans to facilitate baseline surveys while coordinating with senior management and external evaluators. Delivered robust support to the management in designing assessment studies and supervising progress towards programmatic indicators based on programmatic strategies. Organized all facets of project/disaster management, contract administration, procurement, program development, bid evaluation, and award of contracts. Devised formal handover from proposals and estimating at the start of the project in line with the corporate procedures. Established cost and schedule baselines, earned value analysis, and control mechanisms to monitor performance. Produced and reviewed project status, construction programs, and contracts with the project control and management team.
· Efficiently supervised and executed $200M UN early recovery program of community infrastructure program funded by Government of Japan and flood affected rehabilitation & reconstruction of 122 Government buildings in four provinces of Pakistan, funded by EU, USAID.
· Improved national and sub-national monitoring and reporting capacities by developing AID tracking systems, basic & critical community infrastructure and reestablishing livelihoods of flood affected communities.
· Offered first-rate support to UNDP in procurement and contract management of consultancy firm, contractors, and suppliers to ensure administration of rehabilitation and reconstruction of buildings.
· Coordinated with estimator, design manager, temporary works designer, commercial and safety teams to determine optimum construction methods while implementing HSE and OSHA Standards.
· Established and retained effective relations with key stakeholders in the sector and directed a team of contracts admins on all claims, joint venture, setup systems, and procedures for contracts/claims management and change controls.
· Created framework for project M&E, including annual project reviews, participatory impact assessments, process monitoring, operations monitoring, and lessons learnt workshops.
· Appraised and incorporated monitoring & evaluation formats and reporting system during implementation. Ensured completion of activities within approved time, budget, and scope in accordance with prescribed quality standards.
· Interacted with strategic management unit, project managers, and coordination team to establish and devise project's methodology and program strategies as well as analyze need, activities, and project progress.
· Steered meetings with departments to oversee project operations and update time/cost plans to reflect latest information.
Positioned to administer, examine, and assess SC recovery, WASH, education, health, reconstruction, community infrastructure, WATSAN, disaster risk reduction, livelihood, and shelter projects.
Created presentations for program management on findings and key lessons while interacting with Communications Coordinator. Helped in creating a partnership manual and presenting recommendation for the development of continuous improvement plans to improve performance of SC different departments and teams. Maintained people, tools, and processes to oversee M&E functions in projects funded by CIDA, DFID, AUSAID, and USAID. Offered contractual and procurement expertise and advice to the management advice on all indicated projects to achieve SC goals. Offered leadership and capacity building for M&E officers, assistants, and field data collectors. Trained process for identifying key performance questions and parameters to assess project performance for comparisons with targets. Prepared such forums and discussed monitoring information in appropriate forums in terms of implications to fill gaps in a timely fashion. Formulated plans to conduct evaluations and deliver data and reports as periodically required by funding organizations, SC, and other critical stakeholders. Conducted strategy meetings on M&E integration in all SC programs and determined contractual issues and risks while suggesting best alternative solutions. Examined multiple proposals and guided best way forward in deciding partnership, contractual, and procurement issues. Established system to handle construction activities while retaining high quality work and time line.
· Identified and resolved all issues related to implementation of SC projects, operations, monitoring, evaluation, proposals and contracts to assure full cooperation and understanding of all stakeholders.
· Helped the management in guiding and enabling visiting consultants and evaluation teams while identifying, procuring, managing third-party assistance to carryout M&E activities.
· Designed and supervised routine internal reporting processes related to data collection and implemented data privacy, security, and backup protocols in the field through the relevant individuals/teams.
· Developed and maintained efficient partnership, project, contract, and procurement monitoring & evaluation system.
· Led successful execution according to evaluation plans, including forward planning to undertake resources.
· Functioned with program and research staff to explain evaluation exercises for assessing and promoting program quality and other organizational goals.
· Prepared budgets, contracts, evaluation, and hiring of contractors and consultants and implemented system for vetting and selecting projects and partners for SC programs, contracts and projects.
· Examined contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions and created contract management tools, templates, methods, and processes to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
· Created proposal and advice to resolve of construction issues and revise project/program construction execution plans and construction resource requirements/deployment schedule.