I am an accomplished Finance Director with demonstrated achievements and extensive experience in the designing, development, implementation and management of comprehensive core accounting, budgeting, financial reporting, and regulatory compliance systems for high growth organizations. Successful in linking accounting and finance with general operations to provide hands-on financial leadership for strategic planning, business development and commercialization. Proven track record of developing customized financial strategies and solutions to meet the needs of clients and ability to diagnose and report issues to return organizations to economic stability. Proven track record of forecasting, implementations and reporting deadlines. Perfect review of adequacy and effectiveness of the organization’s system of internal control. Possess great ability of taking initiatives that will enhance company performance, profitability and achievement of corporate goals.
My key skills include Policies & Procedures Compliance, Strategic Planning & Analysis, Continues Process Improvement, Import and Local Letter of Credits (L/C), Finance and Procurement, Client/Vendor Negotiation, Accounting Life-Cycle and Team Leadership
My professional background and great industrial exposure coupled with an excellent track record makes me an ideal candidate for executive roles. As such, I would welcome a discussion regarding opportunities with your organization that fit my background.
Tasked with the responsibility to delivered directions to manage all functions and activities related with treasury department, payable, petty cash, and fixed assets management department to strategize all resource to support financial objectives.
Treasury Department • Officer
· Executed all finance accounts and all modes of communication with banks, managed funds, and prepared monthly Bank reconciliation of all of Berger’s bank accounts and reconciliation of subsidiary and control accounts.
· Ensured leasing and Insurance agreements under the domain of Treasury department; supervised issuance and follow up of Bank Guarantees and Pay Orders (CDRs), also marked up calculation and monthly booking.
· Recorded all LC Maturity (Local and Foreign); facilitated monthly and year-end task including interim and final audits, handled documents, filings and records retention and prepared Cash Position on periodically for Management review.
· Tender deposit: Handled all evolving challenges associated with the automation of process from manual to ensure reduction in lead-time and overall cost.
· Bank Dealing: Ensured appropriate checking, approval, documentation and signatures of new BG; cushion of available bank guarantee with bank, and facilitated senior management in issuing new TDR.
· LCs & Documentation: Gathered required information from local and import LC from banks on monthly basis customized as per the requirements and generated excel file of maturities due in upcoming month.
· Leasing: Liaised with first Habib Modaraba team, scheduled lease, identified discrepancies in schedule received from FHM, convey the differences to FHM and making of revised schedule and updated lease rental/payments in ERP.
Payable Department • MTO / ICAEW Training Officer
· Updated booking of various type of invoice in ERP like standard invoice, Debit memos and prepayment; inspected authenticity, proper approval, attachments, quotations of each invoice before entering into system.
· Ensured all payments as per the tax laws charging of sales tax and withholding tax on each invoice, exercised hands-on approach to manage all Payments of all sundry purchases of Head office, Factory and all regions.
· Rendered keen eye for details to oversee adjustments and payments of prepayments and follow ups; ensured documentation and filling of all unpaid invoices and adjustments related to prepayments.
Petty Cash Department • MTO / ICAEW Training Officer
· Inspected proper approval and source documents of petty cash vouchers and make cash payments; maintained the cash position of Head office and petty cash and shared monthly reports on the petty cash position to management.
· Successful validation of accounting inputs, issued advances for the routine expense of Head office, factory, and all regions, maintained the schedule of advances and IOU's issued, their recovery and adjustments.
· Updated and maintained records of all petty cash vouchers in ERP, make cheques and refilling of cash on regular basis.
Fixed Asset Department • MTO / ICAEW Training Officer
· Delivered complete analytical support to supervisor in the maintenance of fixed asset register and their management like purchasing, recording, impairment, revaluation, depreciation, tagging, categorization etc., in ERP system.
· Managed multiple priorities and compared physical inspection of fixed asset with system recorded data, investigated discrepancies, and ensured correction of inaccuracies and re-entering data.
· Compared all source documents with information recorded in sub-ledger; commentary on the differences occurred between expenses on monthly and quarterly basis and presenting the report to the senior management.
· Updated and maintained the register of company overall expenses as well as maintained schedule of Insurance, Accruals and Amortization and their posting in ERP on regular basis.
Held bottom-line accountability to manage a portfolio of 30+ cases which includes Creditor’s Voluntary Liquidation, Member’s Voluntary Liquidation, Bankruptcies, Individual Voluntary Arrangement etc.
· Prepared meeting reports, annual progress reports, final reports and other correspondences to creditors, members, companies house officials, taxation departments and other stakeholders.
· Produced different type of statements Receipts and Payments account, Estimated Outcome Statements etc., maintained cash books and bank reconciliation of each cases and met statutory deadlines for all cases.
· Complied with internal control deadlines and processes of all cases, reported to senior and manager on daily basis.