A certified, solidly trained, an accomplished and highly efficient Humanitarian Official with 03 years of experience in Procurement & Project Management and track record of top performance in challenging assignments and experienced in successfully engaging key stakeholders to comprehend the overall programematic vision for each project.
As a Project Officer, I'm responsible for quality implementation of project interventions through sustainable procurement practices in line with organization's strategy within assigned area (Rawalpindi). There I'm managing other project components like health, education as well and ensure engagements with decision makers for rapport building and facilitating interfaces. Major duties at technical & operation level include;
1. Planning and implementation of project activities as per business process / project documents at project target area.
2. Support Project lead in improving socio-economic condition of widowed families through livelihood support, healthcare, education and building their capacity through social empowerment as well as linkages with line department in project target area.
3. Linkages development with Primary stakeholder and social safety Service providers in project area.
4. Capacity building of communities and stakeholder for holding authorities accountable.
5. Development of technical documents for community capacity building trainings and base line surveys.
6. Development Community based forums in project target area.
7. Mobilization of communities for adopting sustainable livelihood techniques.
8. Networking with other service providers in the project target area.
9. Assist Economic empowerment coordinator in business development model.
10. Developing monthly, bi annually and annually reports of the project activities.
11. Assisting ling manager in identification and development material for project visibility at different national and international forums.
12. Development referral mechanism system in the project area.
Assist Economic empowerment coordinator in developing reports for the external and internal donors.
13. Initiation of Business Process of the project as per project design.
14. Development of integrated work plans for timely implementation
15. Coordination (internal & external stakeholders) related to project
16. Record management – Assessment, databases, project activities report, daily field visit reports, project documents, financial reports etc.
17. Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook, ERP systems
18. Contribute to finalization and approval of donor and other project reports.
19. Communication, Planning & Scheduling, Time, Stress & Conflict Management, Situation handling, Leadership Skills, Work load & team management.
As a procurement professional, I exercise full compliance with IRP procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems. Major duties and responsibilities include Provision of effective administrative support in procurement to the implementation of the “IRP Programming”, such as but not limited to:
Assistance in conducting procurement of services/goods and ensures that procurement is in accordance with IRP Procurement Procedures: collects supporting documents; obtains price quotations and prepares comparative tables; makes logistical arrangements for the delivery, including customs clearance and distribution; obtains Receipt and Inspection Reports and acceptance reports from the counterparts.
Arrangments for procurement meetings with the vendors, including organizing the venue, preparing draft minutes of meetings, communicating draft minutes to the participants and receiving feedback. Ensures quality and completeness of filing of procurement documents.
Assistance in the archiving, filing, and maintenance of up to date electronic mailing lists on programme procurement and technical matters.
Preparation of Purchase Orders and Contracts, vendor screening & creation in the system, maintenance of the filing system in the procurement unit.
Implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase Orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
Proper Filing of Confidential Procurement Data as per Archiving Policy of the organization. Vendor screening and Vendor creation in area and field offices are performed by Procurement Officials at Country Office.
Assistance and implementation of the programme procurement processes including preparation and conduct of Requests for Quotation (RFQ), Invitation to Bid (ITB) or Request for Proposal (RFP), receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with organization rules and regulations;
Creation of payment vouchers and submission in the finance department. Creation of Good Receiving Note & Delivery Notes in the system (AX)
Liaise with country programmes and project budget holders regarding budget utilization and cost variances such as BVA