PetroChina International Pakistan (Private) Limited is a subsidiary of PetroChina Company Limited (PetroChina). The Company manages and organizes international trade of crude oil, refined products, natural gas, petrochemicals and other businesses.
This is a business development manager position based in the Karachi, Pakistan with a primary focus on investment opportunities in the Pakistan oil & gas sector. As a business development manager with significant project experience in energy industry, the role will have a substantive global support and coordination. The position is mainly based in Karachi, but is also required to travel to other cities in Pakistan or other countries if work required.
- Establish and foster relationships with government, ports, operation companies and end users of oil & gas, suggest the opportunities of investment in oil & gas sector.
- Identify, assess and execute potential mergers, acquisitions and investments, build detailed financial models, provide financial analysis for management's decision.
- Drive the due diligence and execution of transactions, conduct in-house research, manage and maintain contact with a network of external consultants and industry experts.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals.
- Involve in post-acquisition integration process and prepare project post-mortem reviews.
- Monitor and review the operational performance of projects invested, produce monthly, quarterly analysis report and ad-hoc report, implementation of HQ's policies in assets management.
- Review business environment and various business units strategy and financial projections by consolidating the results into forecast model and compare it against HQ designated KPIs as well as determine the required resources (e.g. capex, investments, etc.) to execute the strategic plan.
- Source and evaluate opportunities for divestment and spin-off projects.
- Initiate and prepare market studies/reports to management, update on latest market opportunities and industry investment transactions review.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Ensure PetroChina HSE Polices
The Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s or higher qualification in Economics or Finance or Legal or Petroleum & Gas related major.
- More than 8 years’ experience in business developing of POL or nature gas in Pakistan, with extensive knowledge of investment in the Pakistan fossil energy market.
- Strong working relationships accross the oil & gas sectors.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Skilled negotiator with good influencing skills.
- Strong relationship-building skillset.
In return, you will;
- Be one of the first local employees of PetroChina International in Pakistan, giving you an opportunity to influence the set-up and general direction of the Pakistan operation of this global company.
- Be part of a high performing, driven team.
- Contribute to the company’s future success.
- Remuneration package commensurate with your experience and performance.