The Engineer will work with a team of design engineers, project managers, engineering consultants and product vendors to evaluate and design structural components of ground, roof, and carport mounted solar PV systems for commercial, industrial, and residential clients.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Developing rooftop and ground mounting solutions for solar PV projects
· Conducting site visits, as needed, to gather sufficient data for feasibility study and proposal submission i.e. structural drawings of the premises, measurements (dimensions) if and where needed, photographs etc.
· Assist in evaluating solar racking solutions and provide input and feedback on ideas on reducing integration costs
· Review of Structure B.O.Q, Drawings and design simulation reports
· Analysis of existing steel, wood, soil and concrete structures to determine their structural integrity and ability to support PV systems
· Prepare design details and assisting in preparation of contract drawings and estimates
· Develop and document structural standards and techniques for the company
· Perform construction supervision activities i.e. making sure installation is in line with the design, enforcing health and safety standards during construction, strictly following time line, co-ordination with vendor and shams team etc.
· Assessing PV structure design in accordance with Pakistan building codes and international standards
· Civil / Structural engineering degree (BSc minimum)
· PEC certification
· Experience with Pakistan building codes and standards
· Experience in the solar industry 0-3 years
· Ability to work independently and effectively with project managers, clients, consulting engineers, design and technical personnel as well as product vendors
· Solid written and oral communication skills are a must
· Computer proficiency with structural design software and MS Office experience
· Passionate about solar energy
· Proficient in Revit and AutoCAD
· Proficient in the use of Structural Analysis software
· Knowledge of materials, methods and tests involved in construction projects
pEstablished in 1938 PITCO is a leading consulting company specialized in Energy Efficiency, Environmental Conservation, Power Generation and Renewable Energies, and has a proven track record of working with power generation companies, utilities, and industrial clients./p