- Procurement Assistant will be responsible for facilitating the procurements of Assets, office supplies, program inventories and program supplies for different locations in Pakistan.
- Working closely with Procurement Officers, Program, Finance and different partner organizations.
- Though the primary role of the Procurement Assistant will be to support the Procurement Officer in the day to day tasks related to procurement of goods and services.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Check and print the Purchase Request (PR) forms and related documents received for purchase of goods and services and inform the originator for approval process
- Managing Country office procurements for goods and services below USD20K. Process all procurement requests; collect quotations, prepared documents as per policy and PO/contracts and follow up with delivery and payments.
- Work with program team in developing procurement plans for all active grants.
- Prepare PR tracking sheet for country program, and share it with Procurement officer.
- Participate in all procurement activities and ensure compliance with procurement manual and donor regulations.
- Ensure that all program supplies are procured as per requirements and delivered in field on time.
- Document all procurements completely and clearly as per manual/guidelines.
- Keeps proper records of procurement files as per manual/guidelines.
- Prepare all procurement documents before submission for approvals.
- Complete all procurement as per timeline mentioned in procurement manual.
- Process and keep track of all the payments.
- Visit the local market as necessary to understand the available supply of goods in the market and its specifications
- Maintain database with contact details of relevant and potential vendors/service providers to expedite the procurement process.
- Maintain database of frequently procured goods/services price list.
- Maintain confidentiality of all specifications and price quotations made by vendor’s/service providers.
- Responsible in completing the required documentation for procurement activities and maintaining the required files as outlined in the company Policy
Accountable for following organization Field Procurement Manual, the company Code of conduct and Conflict of interest policy.
Reports Directly To: Procurement Officer
Works Directly With: Program staff in Islamabad, admin, logistics, finance and concerned staff in field offices
Knowledge and Experience
- A minimum of 3-year experience in procurement with a Master degree from a recognized university.
- Demonstrated understanding of Procurement policies and protocols of different INGOs/ donor agencies.
- Excellent negotiation, representation, skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff.
- Effective verbal and written communication, fluency in both written and spoken English/Urdu. Knowledge of local languages is an asset
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel)
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members and a proven ability to solve problems independently without direct supervision.