Faayiz is a high growth company. Our mission is to revolutionize the way small to medium-sized businesses grow and compete by enabling their digital transformation. We provide industry-specific, cloud-based software solutions for small and medium-sized businesses in multiple product verticals.
We are looking to hire an experienced Backend Engineer to help us keep growing. If you're dedicated and ambitious.
You will learn, grow professionally, contribute to an amazing team, and play a key role in fueling a massive change in learning, talent building, and upskilling
As a backend engineer, you are someone who can see projects through from beginning to end, coach others, and self-manage. We’re looking for an eager person who can bring our team to the next level with their technical knowledge, people skills, and real-world experience.
On the technical side, extensive experience building high-traffic websites using Node.js and experience with DevOps (AWS services, Terraform) is a hard requirement.
- Design, develop, document and test our APIs, and other applications
- Work closely with designers and other engineers to gain an understanding of new features, dependencies, and technical details
- You will architect and develop various services and APIs for our products
- Maintain a stable server with zero downtime
- Generate recyclable code libraries
- Conceptualize and implement solutions for data storage
- Maintain APIs/features once they’re in production
- Attend regular meetings with the sprint team
- Routinely inspect server code for speed optimization
- Configure usability of all front side applications
- Collaborate with Product to ensure features and changes meet targeted business requirements and strategy
- Contribute to internal documentation
Skills & Expertise:
- You've built complex apps in a Node.js + modern frontend stack before, with a codebase optimized for performance and scale
- Python experience is highly preferred
- Serverless experience required
- Microservices experience required
- Kubernetes experience
- GraphQL Experience
- No SQL or MongoDb experience specifically required
- You've designed & shipped large applications with many components and data structures
- You have a proven ability to design interfaces that stand the test of time, showing anticipation of future product changes
- You have experience integrating complex third-party APIs
- You can successfully refactor existing code and get rid of tech debt without regressions