We’re seeking a Technical Project Manager. The ideal candidate is responsible for the organization and task creation of projects for our Core engineering team. This position is critical to the success of our group, and ensures we are organized, transparent, and delivering quality solutions in a timely manner. The ideal candidate shall be a highly motivated individual with a proven record of success.
Objectives of this Role
- Build and develop project teams to ensure maximum performance, providing purpose, direction, and motivation
- Analyze project progress and, when necessary, adapt scope, timelines, and costs to ensure that the project team adheres to project requirements
- Establish and maintain relationships with appropriate stakeholders, providing day-to-day contact on project status and changes What will you do?
- Manage project timelines and schedules for software projects/initiatives.
- Run daily scrums and sprint meetings. Maintain backlog and make sure all JIRA tickets are updated.
- Oversee work of engineers, designers & QA testers to ensure that project steps are aligned with business objectives, on time, scoped, and have an extremely high quality of deliverables.
- Ensure all the required features are produced and reviewed, including requirements management, design, implementation, system integration, verification, test, quality assurance, delivery, operations, and sustainment of the technical solution.
- Resolve & communicate conflicts to leadership while demonstrating appropriate decision-making competencies.
- Responsible for complex program management tasks and the development of standards and processes for scheduling, administration, and accounting.
- Understand, track and articulate issues/risks / action items, surface dependencies and raise red flags when there are resource challenges, work with the Engineering Manager to address these items on a timely basis, and update the Engineering Manager & Project Management group as needed. Who you are
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies
- Expertise in developing reporting and KPI/KRIs for project delivery across different methodologies
- Expertise in developing backlogs and sprint iterations and driving ownership and accountability across teams
- Expertise in multiple projects and program management delivery methodologies such as hybrid, waterfall, scrum, agile, and Kanban
- Ability to work in a diversified environment
- Strong organizational skills, excellent communication, and self-motivated
- Emphasize quality, process, and iterative improvements
- A high bar for code quality and craftsmanship
- Proficient with GSuite, JIRA, and Confluence.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
- 7 – 10 years of experience managing programs and projects
- A natural ability to simultaneously use your technical acumen, strategic mindset, and people skills
- Basic Understanding of technical security controls, including end-user, office, and data center environments, with a verifiable understanding of threats, vulnerabilities, and mitigation techniques in AWS, Google, Azure cloud environments
- PMP and relevant certification is a plus