The Cloud Architect position is responsible for designing, engineering, coordinating, cost forecasting, and the global standardization of the following key technological areas. This role utilizes senior experience in establishing architectural standards that enable DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, and automated continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD).
This role’s extensive expertise would include storage, Backup, Platform Operating Systems, Databases, Networks, Telecommunications, and Virtualization. As part of this senior role, the architect is expected to formulate the strategy and roadmaps as required to develop, build, and migrate on-prem systems to known cloud foundational services including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS. Key deliverables of the architect position are focused on standards development, stability, security, efficiency, upgrades, migrations, Disaster Recovery, and system integration/inter-operability.
- Design and implement public, and private cloud infrastructure and administer cloud systems including implementations and migrations, leveraging virtualization, automation, and orchestration technologies of Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Collects and defines technical requirements to enable business process and integrations
- Establish governance and enforce quality standards for cloud software and infrastructure architectures (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS).
- Review and evaluate existing systems architectures and software products to identify cloud platforming and refactoring opportunities.
- Engineer and implement a wide-range IT systems such as virtualization, hyper-converged, high-availability, and security integrated solutions.
- Work closely with leadership and stakeholders to gather technical requirements, architect solutions, and drive high priority customer initiatives.
- Mentor and coach engineers, administrators, and developers to ensure that architecture and requirements best practices are followed.
- Maintain clear documentation and standards for cloud operations in the organization
- Stay up to date on emerging technology trends and promote an environment of learning
- Responsible for monitoring the production environment and also advance the obtainable monitoring setup as needed
- Performs other relevant job duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline desired, or relevant Cloud Operations Engineering work experience.
- GCP Certification Required
- 5-10 years of experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) with enterprise-level web/SaaS applications and IaaS/PaaS architecture within GCP.
- Highly engaged technologist with broad experience across a variety of operations and services including infrastructure as code, CI/CD pipelines, real-time OLTP systems, heterogeneous environments (Linux & windows), serverless & containerized deployments, and zero trust security. Familiarity with cloud tools including Terraform, CHEF, Ansible, etc. preferred.
- Experience in cloud replication strategies and architecture, as well as promoting a DevOps culture within the organization to support the CI/CD deployment process.
- Experience with architecting and designing for Security Constraints, Resiliency, High-Availability, Fault Tolerance, and Scalability
Knowledge / Skills and Abilities:
- Strong attention to details
- Problem investigation and diagnostic skills
- Knowledge in automation technologies within GCP
- Able to write and maintaining clear documentation about system architecture, release, and implementation plans, and develop and maintain internal documentation.