The General Manager will be responsible for overseeing all the academics work of nationwide RISC Branches and will be responsible for the overall delivery of the teaching programs, along with the subject leads.
There are broadly two sets of activities expected to be delivered:
- Design curriculum, activities, and delivery. Gradual scale-up of students' intake
- The GM Academics will co-anchor all preparatory processes leading up to the launch of the programs.
Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Supporting curriculum development, teachers, outreach, evaluation, and establishment of learning, financial and academic management systems, and institutional structures.
- The GM Academics is expected to pull these processes together (along with a small core team) and ensure coordination and timely delivery of outcomes.
- Post-launch, the GM Academics will transition into overall management and delivery of the programs, including academic management, learner interaction, supporting faculty, internships, and placements.
- The candidate will be responsible for working with young learners and will work closely with the Program directors to ensure smooth delivery and world-class interdisciplinary learning outcomes.
- The General Manager also facilitates, coordinates, plans, and deploys resource requirements.
- They also act as the focal point for liaisons with academic schools and research centers to disseminate information effectively across the department.
- In addition, it is essential that candidates have significant experience in developing and implementing institutional academic policies relating to quality assurance and educational enhancement.
Activities and Tasks
Responsibilities would include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Coordination, along with other key team members, of various preparatory processes towards the Academics;
- Assisting in setting up various systems and processes, including admissions, evaluation, financial and outreach;
- Managing several background studies, including curriculum review, market research, assessments etc.
- Liaising with a diverse set of stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure the timely launch of the programs.
- Liaising with a diverse set of stakeholders, included but not limited to faculty, learners,
- Parents, various Roots International teams, potential employees;
- Management of various processes including programs delivery, internships, and placements, etc.
- Regular reporting to the Program Directors to ensure timely delivery, and highlighting critical concerns and risks;
- Providing support to the learners and faculty, as required;
- Supporting the content delivery process which includes classroom-based learning, immersion visits to different Campuses
Structure and Reporting
The GM Academics will report to the CEO.
- Minimum 6 to 8 years work experience (or equivalent) in the educational sector;
- Post-Graduate education in Education, Behavioral Sciences, Development Studies, Public Policy, Management, and Technology, Economics or related fields;
- Prior experience in academic management and administration or a similar domain preferred;
- PhD and prior teaching or counseling experience is an advantage;
- Prior demonstrated interest in the urban/development sector is preferred.
- The ability to work effectively with colleagues and students of all cultures and backgrounds; to include a demonstrable commitment to inclusivity, equality of opportunity, and working with integrity is a must
- The candidate should have excellent communication and analytical skills and demonstrated ability to work with inter-disciplinary and diverse teams.
- She should have good project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple inter-related processes, create and track budgets, and work to tight timelines.
- This offer is on an exclusive basis, which implies that other professional assignments (whether compensated or not) that bear a potential conflict of interest with Roots International Schools and Colleges cannot be undertaken.
- The search will remain open until the position is filled.
- This position is based in Head office, Islamabad.
Review and Assessment
- The role and performance of the candidate shall be subject to the review and assessment systems at Roots International Head Office.
- The Roots International School and Colleges is an equal opportunity employer that encourages women, people with disabilities, and those from economically and socially excluded communities with the requisite skills and qualifications to apply for positions.