FAM is primarily responsible for controlling financial operations and maintaining books of accounts in compliance with regulatory/ accounting framework, ensuring timelines and accuracy of financial reporting to internal and external stake holders.
· Ensure compliance with finance and accounting policies and procedures approved by the Board.
· Preparation of bank reconciliation on monthly basis for all bank accounts.
· Preparation of cheques and payment vouchers and ensuring that complete supporting documents are attached before payment processing.
· Checking quantities and prices of invoices received with Purchase Orders/contracts and Goods Receipt Note.
· Designing appropriate chart of accounts to ensure availability of relevant accounting information for internal and external reporting/analysis.
· Checking budgets before entering into commitments and payment processing.
· Deduction of income tax on payments at appropriate rate or obtaining tax exemption certificate in case of exempt suppliers and deposit thereof on timely basis.
· Monthly invoicing to clients and preparation of related documentation
· Follow up of accounts receivables and coordinating with distributors for timely recovery.
· Preparation of monthly payroll, bank advice and pay slips to be shared to employees.
· Maintaining employee’s attendance and leaves records.
· Preparation of monthly performance reports and budget versus actual analysis.
· Timely submission of tax statements/returns.
· Handling staff inductions, cessations, promotions, approvals, maintenance of employee database etc.
· Maintains employee database including personal information and related employment contracts etc. and proposes revisions in monthly payroll as a result of new appointments, resignations and termination.
· Maintain and update of asset/inventory, its files and records.
· Preparation of regulatory returns in compliance with local laws/regulations.
· Liaise with external auditors for timely conduct of statutory audits.
· Maintenance of appropriate documentation and backups e.g. vouchers, regular backups of accounting software etc.
· Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual management reports and supporting analysis for Management team.
· Ensure that financial statements are prepared as per applicable IAS/IFRS.
· Perform periodic reconciliation of asset records with general ledger.
· Arranging insurance for fixed assets/inventory.