The Safety and Security Officer promotes and implements health & safety policies, procedures and guidelines.
You will be responsible for the following:
• Incident Reporting and Investigation:
You bring the following skills and experience:
• Solid understanding of safety and security.
• Working knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations; e.g., Canada Labour Code and WSBC
• Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
• Consistent demonstration of a high level of confidentiality, integrity and professionalism.
• An understanding or previous experience in the Container Shipping Industry and Terminal operations is a strong asset.
You also bring advanced interpersonal skills, as well as your flexibility to multi-task. You are able to work in a self-directed manner, and are also able to work effectively with a team or work group. You have advanced verbal and written communication skills, strong organization skills and a proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
These capabilities have typically been developed through a relevant post secondary diploma or degree in a discipline related to health & safety, 3-5 years of experience in a safety and security role, or a combination of education, training and experience in a related discipline.
• Model the Way – Leaders find their voice by clarifying their personal values and expressing them in a style that is authentically their own, and they set the example by aligning actions with shared values.
• Inspire a Shared Vision - Leaders envision the future by imagining exciting and ennobling possibilities and enlisting others in a common vision by appealing to shared aspirations
• Challenge the Process – Leaders search for opportunities by seeking innovative ways to change, grow, and improve. They also experiment and take risks by constantly generating small wins and learning from mistakes.
• Enable Others to Act – Leaders foster collaboration by promoting cooperative goals and building trust. They strengthen others by sharing power and discretion.
• Encourage the Heart – Leaders recognize contributions by showing appreciation for individual excellence. They also celebrate values and victories by creating spirit of community.