Under supervision of Base Logistics Officer, Driver will contribute for smooth running of Thar parker Base office fleet.
- Part of the Logistics function team of capital office, as a key player ;
- Performing all actions and producing all documents, feedbacks of fleet with the objectives of effectiveness and responsiveness.
Objective 1: Fleet Management:
- Transport of persons and goods as requested by SIF, destination is always validated by Line Manager
- Responsible Keeping the vehicle in good condition, clean and roadworthy
- Carry out the daily check ( level of oil, fuel, lights, tyres, brakes…) and weekly check-ups as mentioned in the log book
- Correctly fill in and update the logbook & logbook should always available in vehicle during each trip.
- Before departure, ensure the availability of tools, spare wheels, fire extinguisher, first aid kit…but also administrative papers.
- Keep always with you your driving license valid
- Immediately notify your line manager of any accident, of any technical failure or need for maintenance of the vehicle
- Refuel the car at the frequency decided by the line manager & make sure that car fuel tank should be full before all trip of out station.
- All non SIF staff must fill the “Passenger discharge Form”
- Assist Log Assistant to update Monthly Fuel Consumption Follow Up of vehicles & generator.
Objective 2: Security Management:
- Respect the road security rules according to Pakistan laws, speed limit and highway code
- Adjust the vehicle speed to the road conditions and traffic regulation, drive with consideration for the safety of the passengers, other road users, the load and the technical state of the car
- Always wear seat belt and ensure that the passenger in the front seat use it too
- Before departure, make sure you know the road, use the secure road
- Make sure you always have enough units in your mobile phone
- All destinations must always been validated by your line manager, every new destination requested by passengers has to be validated by your line manager
- Make sure the responsible of the trip is using the tracking system properly
- Watch over the security of the vehicle and the goods by always staying close to it.
- Driving after dark without a permission by an authorized staff member
- Cell phone usage while operating vehicle
- Transport a non SIF person or goods without a permission by an authorized staff member
- Transport more people than the number of seats in the vehicle
- Drive without having a specific duty notified by an authorized SIF staff member
- Give access to any personnel carrying weapons.
- Drive in a drunkenness state or under any drug
- Transport of passengers not authorized by the management.
- This list is not limited; the employee may be required to perform any other task necessary and compatible with its functions.
- Intermediate degree with valid LTV license.
- At least 02 years driving experience.
- Experience in international development and non-profit organizations.
- Good level of technical skills in mechanic.
- Honest, Punctual & Hard worker.
- Basic knowledge of computer EXCEL & words.
- Internet serving
- Good communication skills
- Language: Fluent in Urdu.
- Ability to speak local languages & English will be an added advantage.