Responsibilities & Duties
Project Manager (Civil) responsible for complete engineering supervision including all civil and electro-mechanical works starting from initial layout to 100% completion as per design drawings and specification.
It will be including but not limited to the following:
- Prepare and implement project execution plans (including preparation of BOQ, cost estimation, construction and cost schedules and monitoring thereof) and procedures based on applicable standards
- Prepare project RFQs and issue tenders
- Analyze contractors’ bids and make recommendations
- Ensure compliance to project specifications
- Organize and oversee construction procedures
- Ensure implementation of Plans efficiently
- Lead Management team of professionals to achieve organizational goals
- Ensure project deadlines are met
- Determine resources and manage timely availability (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
- Monitoring progress and prepare detailed reports
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- Update project status to project participants and stakeholders
- Develop and implement solutions to correct any deviation
- Monitor the contractor’s progress and prepare progress reports on a monthly basis for senior management.
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met
- Hire contractors and other needed staff and allocate responsibilities.
- Supervise the work of professionals, laborers and mechanics etc. involved in the project execution and give them needed guidance.