The Sales Manager is responsible for achieving overall quarterly and annual revenue goals, and assumes responsibility for driving revenue from targeted named accounts, and new opportunities. The Sales Manager is the primary account owner and owns the business relationships for assigned accounts. He/she must understand the overall business of his/her clients and how to position our client's products, services, value proposition and messaging.
- Genrate all quarterly and annual revenue and margin targets. Sell, sell, sell.
- Acts as primary customer interface and is the sole customer relationship manager, driving all customer interactions.
- Engages customers from Pre-Sales to Deal Execution and Renewal, driving the entire Sales motion.
- Manages sales expectations, including sales call activity, lead follow up, account reviews, prospecting and performance. Uses Salesforce.com as a system of record.
- Provides a weekly revenue forecast for the current month, quarter and year broken out by each account.
- Provides guidance to manager on account issue resolution, account strategies, competitive analysis and pricing, bids/RFPs/RFQs.
- Drafts all commercial vehicles, including Proposals, Contracts, RFP responses, SOWs, Amendments, etc. in support of account and revenue goals.
- Identifies market potential (geographic, product, etc.), recommends sales strategies to capture this potential, and manage investments to eliminate coverage gaps.
- Communicates marketing requirements and competitive data, including pricing, value proposition strategies. Works with Engineering team and manager to ensure market data needs and customer requirements needs are being met, and issues are being addressed.
- Communicates with all teams to maintain account communications consistency.