An emerging food company requires a Food Engineer having minimum 2-3 years of experience in the manufacturing or production of bottled of beverages. We are looking for an innovative individual to provide technical expertise, and to assist with the development and review of formulations for current and future products. The Food Engineer will collaborate with project teams to create new products from conceptualization to commercialization. The Food Engineer will unleash brand potential, evolve and improve the nutritional quality, flavor, and texture of our products. Should have knowledge and expertise in food and shipping laws.
Food Scientist Responsibilities:
- Researching new cost-reducing manufacturing processes that meet customer and regulatory requirements.
- Communicating with relevant parties regarding food quality and safety concerns.
- Utilizing formulation software to create and update formulations.
- Working on new products from conceptualization to launch.
- Arranging and shipping sales samples and products.
- Updating product information sheets for sales preparation and updated labels.
- Recording, analyzing and summarizing research data.
- Coordinating independent laboratory testing.
- Updating and maintaining MRP system.
- Adhering to GMP and other safety regulations.
- Performing other duties assigned by the supervisor.
FOOD SCIENTIST REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Microbiology, Chemistry or Food Science.
- Ability to use internal and external sources to make technical scientific advances.
- Knowledge of food and shipping laws.
- Proven ability of working in a laboratory.
- Knowledge and understanding of data science.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel overnight, and to work night and weekend shifts for special projects.