The Quality Engineering team works in partnership with other Technology Functions and the Business to ensure quality delivery of our products. The team works in an Agile environment and is located globally. The team is independent in driving all decisions and is responsible for continuously improving customer experience, revenue growth and operations enablement through quick turn-around of development of our products with high quality.
As a Senior SDET, you will make a key contribution in building solutions for Test Data Management (TDM) to generate test data for various testing needs and building solutions to test applications across Web/Windows/Mobile/API/Services/Mobile platforms and framing efficient data comparison methods. Your challenge will be reducing the “time to market” for products without compromising quality, by leveraging automation and innovation. You will use a wide range of technologies and have the opportunity to interact with different internal teams.
What’s in it for you:
- Working with a team of highly skilled, ambitious and result-oriented professionals.
- Using a wide range of cutting-edge technology to innovate while testing.
- An ever-challenging environment to hone your existing skills in Automation service layer testing, SQL scripting etc.
- A great opportunity to think and execute like a developer while performing the role of QA.
- Being a part of an organization which values ‘Culture of Urgency’ and ‘Shift Left’ approaches.
- A plenty of skill building, knowledge sharing, and innovation opportunities.
- Building a fulfilling career with a global financial technology company.
- Design and develop TDM solutions for various data generation needs, DB platforms, data structures.
- Create tools to simplify and reuse the test data.
- Create a culture and emphasize on importance of Test Data in modern ETL and Datalake delivery channels.
- Design and develop automation solutions that meet organization standards and build reliable, reusable and maintainable automated regression suites & test harnesses
- Create tools and frameworks with quality code to simplify testing scenarios.
- Design and develop test plans, test cases based upon functional and design specifications, execute test cases and analyze and report test results to the teams
- Work in partnership with the development teams to deliver business functionality on time with required quality that meets the acceptance criteria
- Acts as a test lead, planning the work of other testing staff and assigning tasks to meet project deadlines.
- Uses strong testing skills to provide guidance and assist project staff
- Reviews and approves the work of project team members in the writing of scripts, expected results, test results and defect descriptions. Ensures best practices are followed and testing activities stay on schedule.
- Focus on building efficient solutions for Web, Services/APIs, Database testing requirements.
- Participate in internal/cross team meetings, project scoping, functional reviews, test specifications, technical reviews for assigned projects in an Agile environment
- Involved in requirements review and participate in architecture/design reviews with an emphasis on test automation strategy and ensuring best practices
- Participate actively in functional, system and regression testing activities
- Capture quality assurance data and metrics to provide insights and conclusions
- Estimate and perform risk analysis for quality delivery
What We’re Looking For:
- 4-6+ years of experience in software testing or development with good understanding of testing, coding and debugging procedures
- Experience managing test data including creation and mining using data management tools.
- Experience in developing test data by analysis of business flows, system integrations, data architectures, business data objects, business data rules and data entities and relationships.
- Strong exposure in implementing the TDM solutions like Data Sub setting, Synthetic data generation, Cloning & Masking.
- Strong skillset in writing SQL programming.
- Good understanding of Big Data solutions and requirements.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, data flow diagrams and database design development
- Good understanding of various database technologies (DB2, Teradata, Oracle 10g/11g, SQL server, Big data/Hadoop)
- Automate test data refresh and creation processes.
- Experience in programming using Python/C#/Java or other languages
- Experience of cloud technologies like AWS/Azure, containers, dockers etc.,
- Experience in graybox and whitebox testing
- Experience in security testing tools is a plus.
- Experience in design and development of automated tests using automation tools (e.g. Selenium, Appium) across the application layers (UI/Service/Data layers) and root cause analysis
- Experience in advising team to identify automatable test cases at different layers (UI, Services and Data layer tests). Ability to working with developers to build automation friendly code is highly desirable
- Experience in refactoring and extending test automation frameworks and suites as necessary
- Experience of working with SOAP and REST service and understanding of SOA architecture
- Exposure to distributed source control systems such as Git
- Exposure to SQL/PL-SQL, writing SQL queries, stored procedures and RDBMS
- Experience of Behavior Driven Development (BDD) practices and experience in Agile methodology is a plus
- Experience of testing micro-services is a plus
- Experience of testing in CI, DevOps, rolling deployment/upgrade model
- Experience with Test Data Management and mapping automated test code coverage
- Experience in developing Test Plans and Test Cases, engage in Exploratory Testing, creating and maintaining Defect Reports
- Demonstrate ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong communication skills and ability to deliver clear, concise documentation and presentations
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor's or higher qualification in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent is preferred
Flexible Working (optional)
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
Grade/Level (relevant for internal applicants only): 10
The Location: Islamabad
About S&P Global Market Intelligence:
S&P Global Market Intelligence partners with customers to broaden their perspective and operate with confidence by bringing them leading data sources and technologies that embed insight in their daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster describes discrimination protections under federal law.
IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group)