The Role: Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
The Team: The Order to Cash team is responsible for the management and improvements of the Business Applications that drive S&P Global. Our team leads many internal applications from Salesforce, Order to Cash, Order Fulfillment, Reporting and Workflow tools. You will have the opportunity every single day to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and to develop a close team dynamic with coworkers from around the globe.
The Impact: As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test , you will make a significant contribution in testing/building Salesforce solutions to test applications across Web/Windows/Mobile/API/Services platforms and framing efficient data comparison methods. Your challenge will be reducing the “time to market” for products without compromising quality, by leveraging automation and innovation. You will use a wide range of technologies and have the opportunity to interact with different internal teams.
What’s in it for you:
- Working with a team of highly skilled, ambitious and result-oriented professionals.
- Using a wide range of cutting-edge technology to innovate while testing
- A great opportunity to think and execute like a developer while performing the role of QA
- Being a part of an organization which values ‘Culture of Urgency’ and ‘Shift Left’ approaches
- A plenty of skill building, knowledge sharing, and innovation opportunities
- Building a fulfilling career with a global financial technology company
- Develop automation/performance scripts that meet organization standards and build reliable, reusable, and maintainable automated regression suites & test harness for all Salesforce and Order to Cash related technologies
- Leverage tools and frameworks to build automation/performance scripts with quality code to simplify testing scenarios
- Design and develop test plans, test cases based upon functional and design specifications, execute test cases, and analyze and report test results to the teams
- Work in partnership with the development teams to deliver business functionality on time with required quality that meets the acceptance criteria
- Participate in internal/cross team meetings, project scoping, functional reviews, test specifications, technical reviews for assigned projects in an Agile environment
- Participate actively in functional, system and regression testing activities
- Capture quality assurance data and metrics to provide insights and conclusions
- Estimate and perform risk analysis for quality delivery
- Contributing to larger testing team for the success of the Order to cash (primarily on Salesforce/Oracle) projects
- Design and develop automation solutions that meet organization standards and build reliable, reusable, and maintainable automated regression suites & test harnesses
- Ensures best practices are followed and testing activities stay on schedule
- Maintains Behavior Driven Development (BDD)/TDD practices, DevOps/CI in an Agile scrum/SAFe model
- Problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills considering multiple options and factors to propose solution
- Able to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in programming using Python, C#, Java or other languages.
What We’re Looking For:
- About 6+ years of overall experience and at least 2+ years in a QA Automation role
- Strong knowledge of Software Testing Lifecycle
- Exposure of Behavior Driven Development (BDD) practices and experience in Agile methodology is highly desirable.
- Experience in performance testing tools like HP LoadRunner/Performance Center/StormRunner, JMeter.
- Experience in programming using Python/C#/Java or other languages
- Experience in design and development of automated tests using automation tools (e.g. Selenium, Appium) across the application layers (UI/Service/Data layers) and root cause analysis
- Experience of testing in CI, DevOps, rolling deployment/upgrade model and is a plus
- Experience in advising team to identify automatable test cases at different layers (UI, Services and Data layer tests). Ability to working with developers to build automation/performance friendly code is highly desirable
- Strong experience in and understanding of Test Strategy and ability to design and implement
- Strong understanding Salesforce platform testing strategies
- Experience with continuous integration tools and source control tools. GitHub and Jenkins knowledge are a strong preference
- Good understanding in building and using automation frameworks
- Strong Salesforce QA and Automation background with experience in identifying and reviewing test plans, test cases and testing results.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail, critical thinking, solid communication
- Having been an integrated part of a Scrum/ Agile engineering team, working interactively with software engineers, testing engineers and product managers from the beginning of the development cycle
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; able to effectively present to varied audiences
- Willing to work in Evening/Night shift.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, Master’s degree (optional) in Information Systems, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have demonstrated experience testing end to end standard and custom flows in a Salesforce ecosystem through all environments from Development Sandboxes to Production
- Proven track record in handling complex releases over multiple release cycles and managing change across releases and stakeholder management
- Must have demonstrated experience working in fast-paced, complex, agile environments on large programs supporting multiple teams.
- Good understanding of the Salesforce Metadata API, Limitations, Salesforce Release Management techniques and Roadmap, this will be a plus
- Strong Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Communication skills (presentational, active listening, ability to build consensus, and support across functions and at all levels)
Flexible Working (optional)
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
Job Grade: Grade 10
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
S&P Global Corporate:
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. For more information, visit .
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster describes discrimination protections under federal law.
IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group)