Who we are
Are you looking for a challenge that is going to provide you experience in agile/scrum environments? Are you eager to work with frontend and backend cutting edge technologies? Do you want to learn about the latest technologies involved in the OTT video streaming ecosystem? Do you want to work in an international environment? STARZ PLAY offers you all of these challenges and more!
STARZ PLAY is a subscription video on demand service headquartered in Dubai and available in 19 countries in the MENA region. Our service streams thousands of blockbuster Hollywood movies, TV shows, documentaries, kids’ entertainment and dedicated Arabic content to subscribers in the region. This is what makes us the fastest-growing SVOD service in the region.
Due to huge success with expansion into new markets, we are opening an R&D Center in Lahore, Pakistan. Come join us and help to build great new technology in Lahore!
As a Senior Java Engineer will work with backend team to implement an innovative and state-of-the-art online platform. Talent and personality are important to us, so we are looking for someone who is passionate about software building, excited about coming in and who can think systematically, implement quickly, and innovate eagerly.
Senior Java Engineer Requirements
- Design, implement and launch scalable fault tolerant platform services for the enterprise.
- Produce technical design documentation for other teams to consume
- Work closely with Software architects and managers to design and solution upcoming software modules and features.
- Manage peer code-reviews and write unit, functional and integration testing to maintain high-quality standards
- Provide technical expertise in developing solutions to complex software engineering problems, which require frequent use of ingenuity and creativity
- Interacts cross functionally on matters that require coordination across functional and organizational lines
- Collaborates well with other engineers and other engineering groups, voluntarily shares information
- Offers proposed design changes/suggestions to processes and products, exerts significant latitude in determining objectives of an assignment
For all the candidates
- Solid programming experience with Java, REST and Spring technologies with extensive technical knowledge in server-side programming.
- Experience in Spring Boot and Spring cloud framework.
- Experience with Java 8 APIs and Hibernate. Experience in Lambda is a plus.
- Experience with source code management tools, mainly git.
- Good knowledge of databases technologies both RDBMS and No-SQL, knowing Cassandra is a plus.
- Exposure to distributed systems like RabbitMQ, Redis and Eureka.
- Experience in Test Driven Development.
- Experience with Unix/Linux based operating systems.
- Experience with Docker is a plus.
- Excellent analytical, technical skills to solve complex technical problems.
- Very good communication skills.
- Ability to mentor software developers, explain his/her designs and proactively comes up with solutions.
- Solid knowledge of writing software to scale for web for performance, reliability and scalability.
- Works effectively with cross-functional and/or global teams, readily shares information with others.
- Ability to learn and evaluate new technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline.