Consultant to develop briefs:
The responsibilities include engagement with marginalized groups in program areas, developing briefing papers focusing behaviour change and strengthening citizen-state engagement. Briefs will be developed on Gender-based Violence (GBV), child marriage and social inclusion, recommending actions for behavior change and enhancing the status of vulnerable groups such as women, persons with disabilities (PWDs), transgender persons and religious minorities.
Knowledge products will be developed in close consultation with the concerned communities, civil society groups and organizations, and led by marginalized groups.
The objective of the assignment is to produce briefs on thematic topics of Aawaz II, to share the community’s learning and recommendations for behavior change and social inclusion. The outcome of this assignment will support the way forward for program stakeholders, aligned with the two pathways of Aawaz II, for enhancing the inclusion of the priority groups at community, district and provincial levels.
ii) child marriage
iii) transgender persons
iv) religious minorities and
v) persons with disabilities. These briefs should provide context, key issues, best practices and recommendations.
• Finalise specific topics, format and structure of briefs for approval
• Develop and submit a proposal/concept note describing the methodology of the assignment
• Submit desk review of relevant documents and reports, best practices, literature review, data review and context etc. prior to field activities, for review and approval.
• Identify and finalise community members and stakeholders in Aawaz II districts for FGDs, IDIs/KIIs and meetings etc.
• Develop tools for information gathering through FGDs, IDIs/KIIs and stakeholder meetings with community members, Aawaz II teams and duty bearers in 15 districts (Aawaz II districts) of KP and Punjab.
• Conduct stakeholder consultations through CSOs/partners with the support of RP to identify the specific needs and recommendations of each community.
• Share key findings with RP and PMU.
• Develop and submit draft briefs for review of PMU in English and Urdu.
• Submit finalised briefs for PMU approval, in English and Urdu, after incorporating PMU comments.
Experience on developing position papers, thematic briefs and material on GBV, CM and inclusion of marginalised groups. Experience of developing tools and conducting FGDs, KII and other activities with marginalised groups
Community and Social Development