Manager, Finance, Administration & Regulatory Affairs
Teach For Pakistan is a national non-profit organization committed to creating a powerful social movement for equity and excellence in education. We enable Pakistan’s best young talent to teach for two years in underserved communities, and drive systemic change in education throughout their lives.
Teach For Pakistan envisions the day when every child in Pakistan will participate in an education that nurtures them to become loving, thinking and engaged. To that end, we are aiming to grow our movement aggressively over the coming years, and are looking for team members who will work passionately and rigorously to achieve this goal.
Teach For Pakistan is urgently looking for a Finance and Grants Associate to join our team. This role is a critical part of the support function that enables our program to thrive and grow. Primary responsibilities of the role include:
- Daily bookkeeping and financial tasks such as entering data in the bookkeeping software, filing monthly bank statement, and uploading payments in the online banking system.
- Checking reports/expenses for financial accuracy and proper coding of expenses in line with relevant systems and procedures;
- Ensuring budgets are up to date, accurate and available to all. Flagging any concerns for relevant managers;
- Preparing financial reports, including expenses and variance reports, and submitting to the Senior Management Team. Providing additional support in compiling expenses of all departments as required;
- Supporting the Finance Manager in the annual budgeting process, as well as other periodic analyses of accounts. This includes subsequent tracking of income and expenditure in line with the approved annual budget;
- Ensuring all field offices maintain robust filing systems of financial documentation and reviewing this documentation, as required, during field visits for legal and donor compliance;
- Processing and filing withholding statement and EOBI and ensuring submission to the government treasury in a timely manner;
- Supporting in the curating of responses to donors related to grants agreements, budgets and spending;
- Participating in the planning and coordinating of financial and programmatic activities in conjunction with donors’ guidelines;
- Reviewing donor awards, memorandum of understanding, teaming agreements, sub-agreements, contracts, and donor request letters;
- Assisting during internal and external audit
The Ideal Candidate will be a responsible, proactive problem-solver who can successfully manage multiple projects at the same time. We’re looking for someone who will be excited to support our programmatic activity, and take initiative to further our goals.
S/he will have the following qualifications and competencies:
- A minimum of 4-5 years’ experience managing non-profit grants, contracts and budgets in line with donors’ (such as FCDO, formerly DFID, and UN agencies such as USAID) requirements and operational needs;
- Experience of working with NGO/INGOs is mandatory
- Experience with budgetary and operational best practices and regulations as they relate to National/International NGOs
- Familiarity with a variety of accounting software packages
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Finance or ACCA and/or related comparable certifications. MBA in finance will be given preference.
- Highly developed organizational, liaison and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in budget preparation, monitoring and reporting for donor grants
- Understanding of project design, management and implementation
- Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure